Fun Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Names

I've tried helping Catgirl and one of our newest members at QuakeOne.com , [CORPSE~SLAYER] setup some fun-name's like everyone else has , with the leeto color variations,and I've had no success. They are doing everything properly,but the names themselves dont execute,I forget whats happening and what isnt happening besides they arent executing.

I'm wondering if their Quake folders are set to Read-Only,but I dont think this would stop the names from being executed,it just wouldnt "retain" the settings after exiting/reopening the quake client.

both are using GLPro , and both are having the same problem.

any idea's?

Catgirl has tried .SCR and .TXT extensions of fun-name file's, neither worked.

any help would be appreciated,I will direct them here to help further explain what is and isnt happening

thanks a bunch,
    mindzy
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Slap

Name "whatever"
    into autoexec.cfg and throw it into c:\quake\id1
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Or, you can make a copy of your autoexec.cfg, rename it to name.cfg, and erase everything in it. Then just put in name "(color name here)". This way you can just bind a key to exec name.cfg, whenever you want to change your name to something else.

Comment

not to bust any bubble's, but I've already done that stuff
        minus Monster's totally pointless method,why copy the autoexec.cfg ,erase everything in it,when you can just make a .txt file or .scr file (.txt is better,windows doesnt go YAY,SCREENSAVER FILE )

an example is at http://users.adelphia.net/~mindzx/catgirl.txt
        Thats the name file I created for catgirl

its in the right format, this problem isnt simple,therefor the solution wont be simple either.Consider I've used fun-name's for about 5-8 years now, I've exhausted the normal fixes for the problem

thanks for the help anyway though,baker....monster
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Maybe cat could copy: name "ŽÓNÓŽCTÇ“RÌ" and paste it into the console. I tried it and it worked ok

Comment

Working...
          X