Help plz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plz!

Hi i am new here, i just bought a copy of Q2 for Quake. i was wondering rather someone could tell me how to run these maps using winquake. (i know these questions are asked alot but it would really help me out! i am using windows xp) thankz

Umm, by Q2 do you mean Quake 2? Quake 2 is a totally different game than Quake, you won't be running Quake 2 with a Quake 1 engine.
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

nah i thinks its a add on.

Q2 for Quake for DOS - MobyGames

yeh i think they are a collection of solo and multiplayer maps. thankz for the reply though =]

Comment

Well assuming they are like normal quake custom levels they will usually be in .bsp format files which you will need to copy to your quake\id1\maps folder.

Once there start quake, although Winquake is perhaps not the best engine you could use.
        Start a game, singleplayer/multiplayer depending on the type of map you are trying to load, and in console type
        Code:
        changelevel XXX
        where XXX is trhe name of the .bsp file you want to load

At this point your map should be loaded in to quake and you're set to go and explore it.

Hope this helps

Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Thankz that got it working! thankz for all your help everyone =]

Comment

I am not sure if anyone else has a copy of this collection. but while playing these maps, i noticed that there are no level exits for any of the levels i have tried... hmmm if anyone knows why this might be that would help too and again thankz for your time

Comment

Originally posted by noobie67 View Post
              I am not sure if anyone else has a copy of this collection. but while playing these maps, i noticed that there are no level exits for any of the levels i have tried... hmmm if anyone knows why this might be that would help too and again thankz for your time
              If there are monsters, my answer would be hmmmm?

If there aren't monsters, those would be deathmatch maps.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yeh there are monsters, i mean even when i kill them all there are no signs of an exit, and there are no secrets... unless its bad level design? i have played 3 of the 50 solo maps on this collection and i couldn't find an exit on either of em, and they all had monsters, but the maps themselves are fairly small. inside the game manual it states exclusively for Micro Star, and the maps were created by Underworld Software not sure if this infomation is relevant though...

Comment

sound to me like you got ripped off. This pisses me.If there are no exit's or slipgates of single player maps,then YAH wtf.

Can you please give us a partial or list of the maps that was included in your purchase, and also, any other details and maybe even some screenshot's would be nice.There are some guru's of maps floating around and maybe can shed some light on whats going on here.

Between Valve's Steam and now this "CrystalVision" software company, it seems more more of the newcomers to the Q1 community are getting the short end of the stick,and that just isnt tolerable. My suspicions about this "Q2" stuff really stems from never hearing about it, its supposedly released in 2002. It's 2009 and this is the first im hearing about it? It's easy for me to proverbially be under a rock for 7 years, but an entire community?
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-28-2009, 07:44 AM. Reason: Note about maplist : it would possibly be easiest to use PrintScreen(maps folder),paste into MS Paint,save as ,jpg & upload!
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

alight here are the names of the following maps i have played.

ALERT.BSP
                    BLACKROC.BSP
                    ARMY.BSP

here are some screenshots taken from moby games, so you can get a general idea of what the levels look like.

Q2 for Quake - DOS Screenshots - MobyGames

Comment

those screenshots make me want to cry if you want good sp maps to play look into http://www.celephais.net/board/ where the expert mappers hang around

Comment

Thankz metchsteekle i will check there. i have visited quaddicted and have downloaded the dig.bsp stuff, which is suppose to good. and i have abyss of pandemonium which i have heard realy good things about. =]

Comment

Hey heres the some of the bsp.files for anyone interested. this is the first map ARMY.BSP
                          Attached Files

Comment

hmmm maybe not lololol i don't know how to zip em properly don't try clicking on the Q2 zip... it can't find it... oh well

Comment

Alright thankz everyone for all your help i got what i was looking for in the end =]. i greatly appreciated it thankz for all your time! i found that it was just a bootleg collection, and there are no level exits cause that what was intended lol again thank you all! (so i will just hang on to it, until some one else starts a thread about it lololol!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X