Qrack with custom Textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qrack with custom Textures?

Ok, So Qrack is in a tie with darkplaces on my fav engines right now, but its loosing points.

I must ask, How do you get custom textures to work with it?
    Can I put textures folder in id1 or Qrack folder?
    Qrack looks pretty, but I want to push it a little further. thanks!

Yes, of course.

See

and yes ID\textures work, i have several Ports of quake, and all read it from here, sometimes you have to adjust some model skins, because the diferent engines search it with diferent name or location, but the map textures work in the same way.

Comment

forgive me if I smell of n00b, is there a tutorial on what Qrack's setup is? Cause I have placed both Quake Retexture Project and Rygel's texture packs and neither seem to show up. How do I know what Qrack reads? also since "SETUP" is all just console commands.
      btw what pack is that? or is it multiple.

Comment

Put textures in quake/qrack/textures folder.

I don't recommend trying to use Rygel's texture pack with Qrack.

And no, Qrack does not support pk3 you would need to have the individual uncompressed textures in qrack/textures folder
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

oh, thats odd, cause rygel is the pack that seems to work.
          Is there another pack that is undisclosed?
          I know there are a bunch of threads regarding fav map packs and engine combos with textures. I can only seem to find these few things.

Comment

Custom textures can be in /id1/textures or /Qrack/textures or "gamedir" /textures Rygels pack has bump and gloss etc that dont work with Qrack but the normal 24bit textures will.

http://www.quakeone.com/qrack/pak1.zip QrackPak
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Yup! sorry, Found it. I downloaded too much quake add on at once I did not know that the random pak1 and pakx came from Qrack.

Comment

Working...
              X