Quake3 Master Server For Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake3 Master Server For Windows

hey. I've maanged to compile Quake1, and Quake3.

But i have 1 question... I've looked inside the QuakeIII source code, and i've seen this to connect to the master server.

#define MASTER_SERVER_NAME "master.quake3arena.com"

I was wondering, because I want to make my own game, If i could make a master server oor do you just type in the name of your server ?

Is it an application something? Or do you just link it to your server? or Web server ?

Can anyone help me?

you my friend need a quake 3 site for quake 3 questions, maybe try http://quake3world.com/forum/portal.php ??

this site is mostly 96% quake1, 4% shenanigans, and 1% kimp'd
    yeah, i know 101%

but good luck on finding a q3 site, because im only stabbing in the dark for that :S

Comment

yes, but you dont understand how many sites I've bin to to ask this question. Why cant noone give me a simple straite answer!

Comment

Ask at Inside3d Forums :: Index; you are assured of getting an answer there.

This site is dedicated to Quake 1; not very many Quake 3 people hang out here.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Maybe a dumb question, but why dont Classis Quake have a master server, or 2?

Comment

It's not a dumb question, although im curious as to why we would need one
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Well, you type in the hostname of a Q1 master server, and it gives you lists of all the active servers in your server browser....ala Q3.

Comment

Working...
              X