Trouble with music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with music

I am having trouble getting the music to work in quake. I have the soundtrack in mp3 but not the CD as i got the game from steam. I haven't been able to find a program that can burn a multitrack CD. And I don't know if Qrack, the engine I use, supports external music files. If I burn a cd with the audio tracks on it and burn the 1st track burned twice to make up for the data track will it function the same as a regular quake cd and play the correct music? thank you.

Originally posted by jbb666 View Post
    If I burn a cd with the audio tracks on it and burn the 1st track burned twice to make up for the data track will it function the same as a regular quake cd and play the correct music
    yeah do that

Comment

Play music using your music program before you run Quake?

Comment

Most efficient is to play the mp3 with Winamp, or any mp3 player..; it is more effective, and it work well... Also, you are not restricted to Quake soundtrack only
        What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by JPL View Post
          Most efficient is to play the mp3 with Winamp, or any mp3 player..; it is more effective, and it work well... Also, you are not restricted to Quake soundtrack only
          You can only say that because you never played with the soundtrack...
          Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Spirit: I did already with WinAmp, as I have the soundtrack in mp3 The only "issue" is that the game does not select the soundtrack title for me
            What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

Believe me, hearing the right track for the right map matters.
              Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

this is how i did it:
                make an audio cd image (convert to .wav) using Nero or whatever tool

mount the image with deamontools or alcohol120% or whatever virtual cd-drive tool

make sure the virtual-drive is the first drive in the chain of drives

play quake

Comment

Working...
                X