How to make quake sprites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make quake sprites?

hi, I've been trying to make some custom sprites, but i can't seem to figure out how. I've convered the sprites with fimg to bmp, edited them and converted them back. in game though the sprites are discolored and where i want transparencies it isn't transparent. So can anyone give me a quick how to on to make custom sprites?

Fimg can easily make sprites.

Download at: Index of /frikbot/fimg
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've been trying to use Fimg. What I don't understand is how to make colors transparent, i've altered the alpha in the palette and everything, i seem to have succeeded in doing it in places i didn't intend to be transparent somehow. also is it possible to make some semi-transparent?

Comment

For sprites in standard Quake, the answer is no. They cannot be semi-transparent.

Think of WinQuake (the software renderer) with a fixed 256 color palette.

A highly advanced engine like DarkPlaces no doubt can.

Advanced modding questions like this are best asked at the forums at Inside3d.com

As far as the transparent color in sprites, it is color 255 if I recall correctly but I actually have never played around with sprites.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
        X