Compiling a quake map and ignoring all warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiling a quake map and ignoring all warnings

Hey, I want to compile a map and ignore all problems, just compile and I get a bsp, not a "failed to create bsp". Is there any quick way to do this? I compiled maps before,just not with problems.

Tell us what kind of warnings you're getting, and something more about the maps you're compiling. The BSP compiling process is actually fairly robust, with even the likes of ammo boxes being able to be processed by QBSP, so it strikes me that you must be doing something quite exotic to get a failure.

It may also be the case that you're exceeding some of the hardcoded limits in ID's QBSP (if you're using that) in which case you will need a replacement tool, like one of those here: The Homepage of Bengt Jardrup
    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

well, I came close to a successful compile, but still no. I found out how I can easily convert hl1 maps to quake,with limited errors. Use bsp viewer and extract bmps,and map. Then somehow quark thinks map is a quake map.Then make all bmps into a wad and import in quark. Then you fix up tiny bugs in map, but it leaves some errors that I do not know how to fix,But they are fixable.I am tired right now so I will post them tommorow.

Comment

check you PM's for a guide on setting up QuArK properly for quake1

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
          check you PM's for a guide on setting up QuArK properly for quake1
          Well -- if you posted it in the forum, then it might help someone else too.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

hehe, yeah i know, and i some day i will.. it's just that i had this guide readily available so i could just forward it.. also.. i don't want to get all them QuArK-bashers all over me for not suggesting their editor of choice.. those who are serious enough to give it a proper try can PM me..

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
              QuArK-bashers
              Did somebody call?
              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've never used Quark but with the new(er) BSP editor ( http://www.bspquakeeditor.com ) I have made 3 successful maps
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

i rest my case..

Comment

QuArK rocks indeed, but it has to be set properly, else it may turn out your mapping life into a nightmare
                    What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

wise words my friend

Comment

I made maps before in quark,compiled them, and played them with friends so I know how to set up .Its just that I want a way around all errors just to test the map out.

Comment

exactly what type of errors are you talking about then??

(because the obvious answer to that question is: "make a map without any errors!")
                          Last edited by =peg=; 10-13-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

if it is hole in map errors and you are absolutely cretin you have no holes ... in the map check for entities that are either completely out of the boundaries or who's bounding box may be sticking out excessively, i once un-did a map back to the starting box over this, it was like a high speed quake map de-evolution :S

Comment

Working...
                            X