Need help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help ASAP

Ok, I was playing shmack when I got hit by some weirdness. I decided to exit. But now every time I run Quake, I'm still spinning like I've been weirded out! WTF? I guess one of my 'default' settings have been altered. But default what? Can anyone help me correct this? I use JoeQuake.

By the way, if you wanna know exactly what is wrong, go into quake and rotate your mouse in a wide figure eight curve; that's what my game is doing.

Regards,
    Cory
    cool.

First thought: edit c:\quake\joequake\config.cfg and remove all settings that are not keybinds and restart JoeQuake. (anything that isn't ... bind x "whatever")

I can't think of a setting that would cause this offhand. If that doesn't fix the problem, come back and post and maybe someone here can think of an answer.

Is it JoeQuake 0.14 or 0.15 and are you using GL (nice looking) or joequake.exe (software, WinQuake-looking)?
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

It worked. Thank you very much, Baker.

I'm using v0.15, gl

Regards,
      Cory
      cool.

Comment

You could have also reconnected to that server and it should have resolved it as well.
        "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

Originally posted by IEEE 802.11
          You could have also reconnected to that server and it should have resolved it as well.
          Thanks for the suggestion; I had tried that, but it didn't work.

Regards,
          Cory
          cool.

Comment

You must've not joined the game?
            "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

I'm quite certain I did.

~Cory
              cool.

Comment

Join Runequake and ask someone to cast wierdness on you. Then wait for the settings to go back to default when it runs out

Comment

Weirdness always screws up my FOV, I keep having to change it back in the midst of a firefight

Comment

Working...
                  X