Images keep replacing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images keep replacing!

WTF is going on here??? I'm in GLPRO, and the images keep replacing over my quake screen, like when you go in noclip into the grey void with glquake! except now I'm not in the grey void, but they still keep replacing and I can't see where the hell I'm going! I was playing FVF when this happened, I think I hit the ALT-TAB key when it got fucked up. Heres some pics:

Anyone know a solution to this??? It only works when I'm in the FVF mod, when I use normal quake, this doesn't happen.

Every GLQuake I've used hates ALT-TAB except JoeQuake/QRack. I'd love to know why and see that code get into every other engine.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

So... What do I do... Is it. Irreversible??!!

Comment

Only options I know of are either don't alt-tab, use software Quake (winquake, wqpro), use GL JoeQuake or QRack or use any GL client with "-window".

Depending on the type of problem you get it *might* self-fix on a new map but I doubt it. I'd use option #1, but to be honest if I am doing something where I know I will be switching with ALT-TAB, I boot up JoeQuake or QRack everytime.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

*whew* I fixed it by re-installing my FVF mod. I also have this problem with Omicron Bot, so I'll have to fix that one too.. Bah..

Comment

That usually happens to me when I used a x4 zoom (fov 15 i think). It was solved by using fullscreen glpro instead of -window. It probably had nothing to do with the FvF mod.

Comment

try "fov 118" to fix this.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Or you could try DARKPLACES.

Comment

I use alt-tab all the time.. I am using glpro?
                  www.Net-Tyme.com
                  Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                  Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Everythings back, I had to re-install the FVF mod. Now I just use the start key to switch out of GLPRO and it works fine with no problems.

Comment

DarkPlaces is the only engine that alt tabs for me properly, all the others lose video, and seem to lack a command like vid_restart.
                      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

The only time I really see that happen when I play on GLPro is when I've got the Chase Cam on FVF (typing in chase_active 1). Other than that, I really never see it.

Comment

Working...
                        X