how do you take the bobbing off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you take the bobbing off?

whenever i move left and right and when i run, i bob up and down and shit, and i forget the line to put in, what is it? someone has to know

I think it is just cl_bob 0.

Every deathmatch config needs all of this ...

lookstrafe 0
    lookspring 0
    v_kickroll 0
    v_kickpitch 0
    v_kicktime 0
    cl_bob 0
    cl_rollangle 0
    cl_sidespeed 999 // max movement speed on any server
    cl_upspeed 999 // max movement speed on any server
    cl_backspeed 999 // max movement speed on any server
    cl_forwardspeed 999 // max movement speed on any server
    scr_conspeed "999" // increase console scroll speed
    By the way, in JoeQuake 0.15 there happens to be a feature in Options and select MP Optimized and it turns off bobbing and the weird stuff.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

you're better off setting your cl speeds to 200 and add +speed in your autoexec.cfg

999 probably sets ALWAYS RUN on which is not what you want.

Comment

no wonder you so damn slow
        YOUR WALKING EVERYWHERE

Go walk in the park
        Go walk on the beach

RUN in Quake
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
          you're better off setting your cl speeds to 200 and add +speed in your autoexec.cfg

999 probably sets ALWAYS RUN on which is not what you want.
          +

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
          no wonder you so damn slow
          YOUR WALKING EVERYWHERE

Go walk in the park
          Go walk on the beach

RUN in Quake

=

WTF?

Comment

Why you not want always run?

Comment

+speed with ALWAYS RUN off actually makes you quicker. Your max speed is still 320 (+speed doubles your cl_speeds so 200 is enough and keeps ALWAYS RUN off) but you won't have any accelerate drawback. You'll move at maxspeed even from not moving to moving.

ALWAYS RUN has acceleration so you start slow then build up speed. It's not THAT big of a difference but sometimes it makes a difference.

Comment

That doesn't make any sense, acceleration is server side

Comment

Test it out

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
                    That doesn't make any sense, acceleration is server side
                    Sniper, heheh, as a rule of thumb it is better to believe Sajt than doubt him.

If you think +speed makes you move faster, heh, well ... let's have a race on a server sometime.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                      Test it out
                      It's not that big a difference but TEST IT OUT

Comment

I will. By the way, in JoeQuake/QRack you can do show_speed 1 and there is a nice speed bar that shows your present speed including the number (320, 380, etc.)

In the below pic, it says "130" is the current movement speed for whenever I was taking this screenshot.

Comment

Working...
                        X