Qrack WideScreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qrack WideScreen

anyway to stop Qrack from using widescreen w/o distorting the fuck out of the visuals ?

(try running qrack in 1024x76

I always said something about Qrack didnt feel right ,and SNS Spoil3d pointed this out a few days ago,and THIS is whats fucking things up.

Qrack is excellent,I enjoy the graphics,just the same as JoeQuake
    but

WideScreen? C.T.F.O....

if there isnt a way to turn this off,Might I suggest implementing a way to turn this off
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

yellow, I tried editing the batch file

glQrack.exe -noforcemparms -conwidth 1024 -conheight 768 -width 1024 -height 768 -zone 1024 -bpp 32 -refreshrate 100 -mem 64

first I just changed resolution cmd line stuff
    I got the error Couldnt set fullscreen DIB mode

figured it was the console cmd being at 640x480 , so I raised that to match
    -width 1024 and -height 768

same error message.

I really appreciate the help trying to fix this,but

the problem doesnt need to be fixed by batch files,nor should be it be fixed by "having to do this/that/&the other"

It should be fixed at the root of the problem (I dont know what this is , either)

Technology,you can only curse it,killing it isnt a option,atleast in my reality

*Note , this is my command line for GLPro,and JoeQuake ~
    D:\Games\QUAKE\joequake-gl.exe -window -heapsize 256000 -zone 1024 -width 1152 -height 864

both GLPro & JoeQuake accept that command line 100% no problems at all,no stretching.everything is in perfect proportions.
    Qrack on the otherhand opens in a "Widescreen" format.

SNS SPoil3d has the same problem.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-03-2006, 05:30 PM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Try changing to another -refreshrate 75 or 85
      My servers for the gamers:
      bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
      port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
      Offline ATM
      fvf.servequake.com
      flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
      Offline ATM
      newdm.servequake.com
      port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, didnt think the refreshrate could affect the display size. thought it only affected how fast the screen updates.

while im talking about Refresh rate's , can a low refreshrate limit your frames per second perhaps?

if anyone can answer that Would appreciate it highly, soon as I finish watching Tommorows Nobody - Episode 4, I'll see what Qrack is using on default and try raising it / changing it.

Yellow Batch file used a -refreshrate but I never paid it any attention.

Comment

Hmmm, didnt think the refreshrate could affect the display size. thought it only affected how fast the screen updates.

while im talking about Refresh rate's , can a low refreshrate limit your frames per second perhaps?

if anyone can answer that Would appreciate it highly, soon as I finish watching Tommorows Nobody - Episode 4, I'll see what Qrack is using on default and try raising it / changing it.

Comment

Lower refresh rate will lower your fps only if you have vsync on

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
              I don't know the advantages to that (batch files) over a Windows shortcut, but -refreshrate is only to override your video card's normal refreshrate (which is probably 60).

I was hoping Yellow would answer this because I am only confidently familiar with QRack to the extent that it has JoeQuake 0.14 features.

How about posting a screenshot, Mindz. I'm sure if you do that the question will get answered. My lack of imagination makes it so I for one can't visualize your problem.

Do show_fps 1 in QRack and then figure out the average FPS you are getting --- like if it varies from 60 to 100 then pick 80.

Then do ... cl_maxfps 80 (where 80 is replaced by your #).

This will ensure smoothness in-game. Capping too high is bad.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I did talk to mindz about it via msn. I dunno what's up I'm gonna ask r00k next time I see online.
                uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                X