Oldstyle Underwater and Relief textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldstyle Underwater and Relief textures

Hi, I'm looking for the old underwater effect that had the original Quake. The current effect GLQuake Darkplace and I do not like, I prefer the old, with the improvements provided by the Darkplace.

The effect I want is something like this:

dpointer: Underwater effect
    --------------------------------------------------
    Another thing I've seen is a modification which highlight the textures, I've been fiddling with the "autoexec.cfg" and the "config.cfg" adding that indicates Rygel lines for high-resolution textures:

r_glsl_offsetmapping "1"
    r_glsl "1"
    0.05 r_glsl_offsetmapping_scale
    r_glsl_offsetmapping_reliefmapping "1"

The texture pack that I used is: "-dp-texturepack Rygel-ultra.pk3"

Thank you very much for your help.

best regards.

r_glsl_offsetmapping "1"

and

are the right settings. You could also just type them into the console and dp "remembers" them.

Comment

What are your system specs and how do those settings effect your fps?
      Looks good!

Comment

So for the pic you used the settings in your second post?

Comment

I use the "High" pack.. I supose using "ultra" requires more rig specs.. :S
          200 ańos de mi querido PARAGUAY
          14/05/1811

Comment

dani,
            I use the high pack as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
              What are your system specs and how do those settings effect your fps?
              Looks good!
              My system is: Quad Core OC @3200 8gb ram & nvidia 260 gtx 750mb ram.

this is the Rygel original post from German forum:

quake.de :: Thema anzeigen - Mein Quake 1 Texture Pack

PD: my priority is change the water effect.

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
                r_glsl_offsetmapping "1"

and

are the right settings. You could also just type them into the console and dp "remembers" them.
                ok, I put the commands in the console, apparently it does because it takes changes to activate the "r_glsl_offsetmapping" 1 "produces a drop in" fps "and if I put in the console" r_glsl_offsetmapping "0" performance returns to stay about 60fps constant, but in both cases there is no change in the relief of textures and these are kept completely flat.

I'll settle for getting the first question and the effect of water original under water Quake.

thanks

Comment

You might try looking at the thread for Nintendo64 Quake as I think it has the effect your asking for?

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                    You might try looking at the thread for Nintendo64 Quake as I think it has the effect your asking for?
                    I come from there ... I'm sorry but that topic did not find the answer.

I've been searching the forum but I decided to create the post to try all by myself so looking for the forum as editing the game files.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon81 View Post
                      ok, I put the commands in the console, apparently it does because it takes changes to activate the "r_glsl_offsetmapping" 1 "produces a drop in" fps "and if I put in the console" r_glsl_offsetmapping "0" performance returns to stay about 60fps constant, but in both cases there is no change in the relief of textures and these are kept completely flat.

I'll settle for getting the first question and the effect of water original under water Quake.

thanks
                      Well, your screenshot in the first post is definately with activated offsetmapping. What dp build do you use?

Comment

Well, your screenshot in the first post is definately with activated offsetmapping. What dp build do you use?
                        The official release:

darkplacesenginesource20110628 64bit

Comment

Yes this build (and a lot before that one) have an issue with offset mapping. I would recommend you darkplacesengine20110328beta2.zip which hasn't this offset mapping issue. About the underwater issue i have no clue.

Comment

Yes this build (and a lot before that one) have an issue with offset mapping. I would recommend you darkplacesengine20110328beta2.zip which hasn't this offset mapping issue. About the underwater issue i have no clue.
                            Thank´s, now it work´s perfect... but frames get down when setup lights high.

Comment

I'd also be interested in this original Quake waterwarp effect. If anyone is able to pull it off, I'll definitely use it!
                              Authentic Models Pack
                              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
                              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Working...
                              X