Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol you just see what you subconsciously want to see

your eyes see what your dirty mind wants to see
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Sorry for the derail this is what my water looks like when gaming in multiplayer DirectQ.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNexv6ciCXM[/ame]

Sorry for the derail, a moment when I should have remained in-quake,waiting for an opponent,instead of mentioning self-observation thoughts to forums.

haha
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

cools, that water surface movement looks awesome

but underwater is erm... any kind of underwater effect seems to be completely missing?

the moment you emerge it looks like there isnt any water at all
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
          cools, that water surface movement looks awesome

but underwater is erm... any kind of underwater effect seems to be completely missing?

the moment you emerge it looks like there isnt any water at all
          while under water fighting, I don't want the other enemy being warped to hell and back, its been stripped out on purpose lol.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

ah ok, i suppose... although this way it looks like the water is thin as air, which looks totally lame imo

can you make another clip where you do have any underwater effect turned on?
            interested in seeing how that looks in directq, cuz the water surface movement looks real cool

Comment

1st video was

r_waterriple 5
              r_underwaterfog 0
              gl_polyblend 0 (this stips out the brownish tint of underwater)

2nd video

r_waterripple 20 (exaggerate the effect)
              r_underwaterfog 2
              gl_polyblend 0 (I'm pre-programmed to disable this,clear h20 = requirement)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeUnCN0Cn0I[/ame]
              I would love to continue twisting DirectQ as far as its capable in terms of looking "snazzy" but remaining a epic multiplayer engine,but I rarely bother with tinkering.

I think r_waterripple is a standard thing.

those videos also show me stumbling onto MH's reluctant addition of external textures (or higher quality textures) by accidentally installing DarkPlaces stuff to my normal quake folder, which resulted in DirectQ accessing PK3 files.

OR

I tried stuffing the Qrack 400mb .pak file in the wrong spot. It was clearly done 100% by accident,I never questioned it.

The world will never know hahaha FOK im a newb. I play quake, I don't polish it.
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 05-18-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

still no other underwater effect other then fog? thats quite a shame

Comment

hell if I know, download DirectQ and dig into its guts. What I do know is I don't expect DirectQ to get snazzy DarkPlaces "par" things. And I dont care, cause reaction timing / aim / and over all Quake responsiveness reigns supreme on the what I do expect, which is what I'm already getting.

If 10 new effects are added to DirectQ, thats nice, but I most likely would only use 3-4 of them. unless they are all water effects, I'm amused by pretty water for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X