Quake Projectiles/Quake no CD music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Projectiles/Quake no CD music

Is there a way to make the projectiles (Namely the nails and grenades) to come look as if they come out of the barrel of the weapon? This seems to really be a problem with the Nail Gun and the Grenade Launcher, though I think all the guns have their share of problems, except the shotguns and axe. I'm do not even know how to edit Quake, so has anyone done this? (I am learning how to edit Quake, but first want to finish my Wolfenstein 3d and Doom projects).

Another thing, I wanted to use music from the original PC Quake, and the music from Quake 64, all in one (I'm still working on the lineup of songs). So then each level could have its own music. (If those 2 alone are not enough, I can also use music from Quake 2 for N64, maybe even some from Doom 64). I just don't know how to do this.

as in it looks like magically each weapon just mysteriously "throws" the ammo out,with no real concept of "this weapon fires a projectile, and this ammunition "exits" the barrel of said weapon" type orientation.....

I always wondered that myself. The RL really doesn't look like a RL lol. and Grenades looked funny too.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I can't say for sure or where to find it, but I was under the impression that there is a mod out there somewhere that fixes the positioning of the nails at least. Sorry, I don't have a link though.

Comment

Seven's SMC has nail-position fixed.

Comment

yes, what gdiddy said

seven's small mod compilation can be found here: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

it also contains lots of other fixes and additional features which makes the game look 100% better and make it so much more awesome.

like new better particle-effects, fix for the plasmagun in rogue not firing, nails sticking in walls, multiple skins per monster, and monster corpses being gibbable, adding of a simple timer to see how long a power-up still lasts.... and tons more.
          just check out the huge feature-list in first post of the thread. and a lot of items had to be scrapped from that list cuz the post went over the maximum length, lols

i really recommend trying it, it makes quake so much more awesome without changing anything to the gameplay itself
          Last edited by talisa; 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks, will check it out

I asked about CD music, but I am more interested in knowing how to even get the original tracks to work in DirectQ without CD. (Since I have all 3 add ons and don't feel the need to switch disc all the time).

Comment

oh.... erm... seven's small mod compilation is a darkplaces only mod, itll only work if you're using darkplaces cuz it uses a whole bunch of qc commands which were specially made for darkplaces....
              so you'd need to use darkplaces, it doesnt work with other sourceports.

if you check the end of the first post of seven's thread though, he did also release a small mod which only fixes the nails position, which is engine independant

although i personally recommend giving darkplaces a try. most people use darkplaces cuz its graphic-wise the best engine, and nearly everything you'll find on this forum was made with darkplaces in mind cuz it allows for the greatest customization and allows to replace all content with hi-res and hi-poly stuffs, and allows for animated items and such!

and if you use darkplaces you can also easily play quake with the original music, here in this thread you can find pk3's you can simply drop into your ID1 folder and in MPs folders and instantly have the original music without having to use the CD
              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sic-packs.html

lemme link you some post in which you can find more awesome stuff if you're considering trying darkplaces
              cuz it allows for some truely amazing looking hi-res textures and hi-poly models and way better looking effects, realtime lighting, animated items and lots more, like sevens small mod compilation which makes quake look and feel even more awesome
              list with lots of links to amazing stuffs
              some more great stuff seven helped me find
              webangel's and OoPpEe's MP weapons and powerups
              multiple skins for ID1 monsters you can use if you use sevens SMC
              multiple skins for hi-poly monster replacements you can use if you use sevens SMC
              Last edited by talisa; 04-21-2012, 06:11 AM.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I have tried Darkplaces and it didn't work. I downloaded it again and it works, but it lags a lot (as if it was having a framerate issue). I would love to be able to play it though as it looks really cool.

Comment

hmm well... whats your comp specs?

cuz darkplaces with realtime lighting and all these effects is extremely heavy on your comp. especially turning rt lighting on is extremely heavy, even more so if combined with dp pretty water, or even turning offset-mapping on makes it even more insanely heavy on your comp.

if you want to use rt lighting, make sure to get the special rtlights pk3, which will provide better performance with rt lighting turned on:
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tlights-4.html

and in video options, be sure to keep anti-alias and anisotropic filtering both low, recommended at 1. they will hardly improve looks and its hardly noticable at all if they're both kept at 1, but turning them up can cause quite some performance drop

if you dont have a very super-fast pc, also make sure to keep hdr turned off if you have rt lighting turned on. they say it causes performance drop too

and what might help a lot to increase performance too is using specific darkplaces builds, like this one: darkplaces-20110702.zip
                  thats the one i use myself, its been recommended by seven to me cuz it has best performance.

try all these things i said, and let me know if they help

Comment

to play music in directq without the cd, you have to put the tracks into a folder called "music" inside your id1 folder. For the mission packs, put them into a "music" folder within the rogue and hipnotic folders.

Comment

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

There is a link at the bottom for a mod that fixes nail position.

Comment

Working...
                      X