Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server bots in cax mod for offline play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server bots in cax mod for offline play?

Is there any way to add practice bots to cax mod for offline play, like frogbot or something like that? for like match and pmode... If so how would I do it, and which bots are the best to use.

Once apon a time i wanted to do this.

But it maybe possible to run frikbots and cax using multiple -game parameters? I dunno i havent tried that. It might require a new engine like DirectQ that supports multiple game folders.

If I get some time in the future i could add this. Im nt sure how frikbots would play vs CA gamestyle.

You could try this FrogBot Clan Arena version though... http://www.quake-1.com/files/modfiles/fbca092kt.zip
    Last edited by R00k; 04-20-2012, 12:14 PM.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Thanks R00k. Ill try that

Comment

i play the Frogbot Clan Arena mod. They are not the greatest, but its worth playing them for practice.. put them on skill 200 and go to town.. good luck haha

Comment

I tried the frogbot clan arena mod, i subfolder'd it into c:\quake\bot\ i ran the command line c:\quake\glpro451.exe -game bot .. everything seems fine except it says i don't have frobodm2.bsp and ive looked around for that in searches.. also i tried on regular dm3 map and dm6 it wouldn't let me add bots with the addbot command it took the command with no error messages but no bots appear in the game. How do i fix this?

Comment

I have not had any issues with the frogbot or even have it crash on me. Im not totally sure how to help you in that case ninja. maybe rook or someone eles with knowledge of mods knows.

Comment

glitch

frog bot has a weird glitch in which if you add around more than 12 bots the game crashes. has anyone else had this issue?
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                frog bot has a weird glitch in which if you add around more than 12 bots the game crashes. has anyone else had this issue?
                Try adding only 11 bots
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

or, load 11 frogbots, and then add some Standford Stooge Bots to top it off

Then go get graped!!!
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                    or, load 11 frogbots, and then add some Standford Stooge Bots to top it off

Then go get graped!!!
                    LOL, bro, i do that alot, setup a frogbot server with 200 skill frogbots, and then load a stoogebot and let them have at it. hahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X