No announcement yet.

Need help Compiling Progs.dat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making an online notepad to display .qc files would be pretty damn easy. Oddly enough I am working on a dynamic tab system for a website right now that uses php to get a dir listing and spit out tabs according to the folder contents. Then of course you click a tab and it opens it's contents in the tab_content area. Having the document open as a populated textarea would't be all that hard. Then your just a save button away from being able to save it.

It would be low-brow (no syntax hilighting etc) but it would work for the purpose that you stated. a simple register/log-in system could handle who gets to actually edit the files. With one admin approving registrations.

I'm sure writing a "find/find next" wouldn't be that complicated in javascript. You can do all of this already in notepad++ you just don't have the "multiplayer" option.

EDIT: yup, see. I changed like 4 lines of code and dumped a few .qc's in the folder. Works like a charm and it's editable.

Michael
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-23-2012, 01:01 AM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Thanks Michael. Interesting stuff (I have no idea)

Sounds like this would allow the community to collaborate on a large project.
      Originally posted by Magnus
      Apology accepted.

Comment

there is nothing to this. Excluding my stylesheet, this is 27 lines of code and you could even erase the "if(!defined('SITE..." line.This does everything you see in the pictures above (except the style part).

Code:
        <?php
        	if(!defined('SITE')){ exit("this page does not exist"); }
        	(isset($_GET['t'])) ? $tab_content = $_GET['t'] : $tab_content = 'client';
        	$url='';
        ?>
        			<ul id="<? echo $tab_content ?>" class="tab_bar">
        <? 	if ($handle = opendir('content/')) {
        		while (false !== ($entry = readdir($handle))){
        			if ($entry != "." && $entry != "..")
        			{
        				$base_name = preg_replace('"\.(php|html|qc)$"', '', $entry);
        ?>
        				<li	class="tab_item"><a class="simple_tab <? 
        				if ($tab_content == $base_name){
        					$url = 'content/'.$entry;
        					echo "active_tab";
        				}else{
        					echo "inactive_tab";
        				}?>" href="<? echo  'index.php?t='.$base_name; ?>"><? echo $base_name; ?></a></li>
        <? 	}}} ?>
        				<p class="clear">&nbsp;</p>
        			</ul>
        			<div class="tab_content">
        				<textarea class="display_controller">
        <?	include $url ?>
        				</textarea>
        			</div>
        actually here you can have the style too
        Code:
        	ul.tab_bar	{width:100%;background:#222;border-bottom:1px solid #777;}
        		li.tab_item	{display:inline-block;float:left;list-decoration:none;width:auto;margin-bottom:-1px}

a.simple_tab	{border:1px solid #777;border-bottom:0px;text-align:center;padding:10px;display:block;width:auto;text-decoration:none}

a.active_tab	{font-weight:bold}
        			a.active_tab:link,	a.active_tab:visited 	{background:#777}
        			a.active_tab:hover, a.active_tab:active		{color:#BBB;cursor:default}

a.inactive_tab	{}
        			a.inactive_tab:link,	a.inactivee_tab:visited 	{background:#555}
        			a.inactive_tab:hover, 	a.inactivee_tab:active	{background:#777;cursor:pointer} 

.tab_content	{width:100%;height:auto;background:#777;min-height:600px;
        				box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box;-webkit-box-sizing:border-box;padding:5px; /* inner padding */
        					}
        		.display_controller{height:600px;width:100%}
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-23-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Hi TV:

No I do not beloieve so. Demos are pretty much like mp in-game packets condensed into a file telling the engine what to do. If you used different models and sounds , yea, those would appear different looking in the demo. But lests say you wanted to see the nailgun nails shoot from the more improved position like in SMC, that would mean recodring a new demo with that SMC progs.dat which would now record the nails new starting position in that frame.

Originally posted by turtlevan View Post
          Cobalt would previously recorded demos show the effects of modified .qc files when I replay them?

Comment

Interesting, looks kind of like what I had in mind. It would make adding that chasecam you and I were gonna try to port over alot easier to do for example.
            There is this other site Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002! where you can post one page in a non tab style, however its not really feature rich as it were.

I like the way SVN can manage these kind of things, as it allow you to collaborate with others , and there is like a change log you can look at where other people can make notes of the things they changed, and you can read about it. Lord Havok has this with his Darkplaces releases for example.

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
            there is nothing to this.

Comment

https://github.com/ether/pad
              Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

hmmm, it seems that I was unclear in my post, as people seem to think that i am going to make this. I have no intention of making this, I could tell you I will make it and then when I can't find the time to actually do it, people will be hella disappointed in me. So, instead of writing anymore checks that I cannot cash, I will just tell you now, there is no way.

It's not that I don't want to. On the contrary, if this was something that you guys needed (and I had the time) I would be honored to be the one to build it for you. That's why I posted the code. Maybe someone here has some PHP/HTML/CSS experience and they can take my above model and "broaden" it.

all you need to make it a working model is a register/log in system and a save button. There are like 5 billion tuts on the internet that show you how to make both. Keep in mind though, that if you are gonna program in PHP you have to have a server. Google "XAMPP portable" and you will have such a thing.
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-23-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X