Recorded a DEMO and will not play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded a DEMO and will not play.

Not quite sure what is going on. I recorded 2 demo's last night playing in a game on CAx. They saved to Quake\id1 and i have about 400 other demo's in that directory and these 2 are the only 2 demo's that will not play. They are also the only 2 demo's i have recorded since my return. All the other demo's have a *.dem extension, as these 2 demo's do not. When i go into the console and type "playdemo demoname.dem" or even just "playdemo demoname" it say's no file found pretty much. Anyone who can help i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

open windows explorer

go to Tools drop menu, then Folder Options

look through the File Types tab, and uncheck Hide known file extensions , then all files you see will display their extension + you can add .dem to the end of them, simply rename

not all clients stick demo's in ID1/ Darkplaces requires you type in record blahblah FIRST / not be connected. Qrack uses the Qrack folder I think
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Got it thanks mindz...

Comment

did it work?
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
        X