Qrack error need help so I can play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qrack error need help so I can play

The error occurs while game is loading, running, or while im shooting,... basically within the first 5 mins after loading it... The error does this, it closes the qrack client and pops up a error box that says: Software Failure, press left mouse button to continue.. i click left mouse button but the only thing to click on is an ok button to close the warning, which doesn't restart the game just brings me back to windows.... I have had this problem before and R00k told me to use the -noforcemparm in the command line.. which fixed it then but it doesn't now... I tried running it raw "meaning without my custom cfg's" and just straight out-of-box no commandline extras ... still getting this problem.. Is there anything i can do to fix it?

Yea the new builds got so buggy for me I had to abandon the client all together. What I can maybe help with is making it happen less often maybe.
    first of all give it a ridiculous amount of room to breath. -mem 256 also let it have all the buffer it can use -zone 4096 and -snd_speed 22050 might help.
    It still would crash for me whenever I was straffing hard though.
    Good luck
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

ninja, what version are u using. type version in the console.
      what kinda gfx card?

you may have grabbed an out dated (or beta) version.
      I havent updated the site in a while, yet im constantly updating. Works for me doesn't mean works for all.
      The other engine coders (MH, Spike, & Lord Havoc), besides myself and Baker, are professional programmers. So bug reports are warranted.

Bluntz: thanks for your support. (Prometheus).
      He's not running Wine on a linux 486.

Ninja maybe u should try Darkplaces.

Done.
      Last edited by R00k; 05-25-2012, 11:33 PM.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
        ninja, what version are u using. type version in the console.
        what kinda gfx card?

you may have grabbed an out dated (or beta) version.
        I havent updated the site in a while, yet im constantly updating. Works for me doesn't mean works for all.
        The other engine coders (MH, Spike, & Lord Havoc), besides myself and Baker, are professional programmers. So bug reports are warranted.

Bluntz: thanks for your support. (Prometheus).
        He's not running Wine on a linux 486.

Ninja maybe u should try Darkplaces.

Done.
        I was not running it on wine 486 rook but XP core2duo Nvidia 9400 GT, in fact Qrack was the sole reason I ran xp at all I had such good luck with it for so many years I just could not back away from the evil that is MS.Like a deer caught in the headlights I clung fast to the ground under my feet until I was mowed down.
        DarkPlaces is a great choice for Quake no doubt but not the best one for MP as it is just overkill.I am a bit surprised you are not promoting proquake as the best alternative for him. I personally have not tried the new proQ but did in fact have the best performance from MH's DirectQuake.
        Qrack 2012 R.I.P.
        Last edited by bluntz; 05-26-2012, 05:23 AM.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

I downloaded this version - Qrack2.011.3467 Full
          I'm using windows 7 x64, also onboard gfx - ATI Radeon HD 3000

Comment

I had the most success with Qrack 1.9 personally. if there was/is letter indicators, C flavor.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Ninja, try DirectQ. Or i can send u the most current version of Qrack.

Mindz 1.9 is ok for Windows Xp.

Or hey EngineX...

fitzquake quakespasm
              what ever gets your socks wet eh?
              Last edited by R00k; 05-27-2012, 12:32 AM.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
              X