Can't switch weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't switch weapons

Searched around first, couldn't find the answer.
    I just reinstalled Quake and ezQuake since about 6 years ago. Glad to see people are still playing QW.

I kind of just implemented my old cfg, and for the most part it all works. Except an obviously big problem, where I can't switch weapons. The hud shows that I've switched, but as soon as I +attack it just uses shotgun.

I also have a problem with the mouse as it's jittery, and any insight into that would be appreciated also. If anyone has any overall suggestions on a diff client to use for QW I'm all ears too, I'm sure a lot of rad shit has come out in the last 6 years since I've played it last.

I played for 8 years and didn't think I'd ever be on a Q1 forum again ;p. Thanks for the help!

welcome to quakeone forums fbox

about the prob with your controls:
    try deleting your cfg and let EZquake make a new one on startup, that should fix any of those kinda problems as the program should automatically make a new cfg if none is found with default keybinds and restore all settings to default

ive never used EZquake myself, but i assume itll do that too just like other quake clients

and i dont know EZquake, but personally id highly recommend you give darkplaces a try
    imo its THE BEST quake client there is out there
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Firstly, QuakeWorld specific topics are generally better answered over at QuakeWorld.nu - as the forums you are currently reading are tailored more to (Normal/Net)Quake instead.

Imho there's 3 quakeworld clients that there's any real point in using.
      FTEQW (mine, supports nq too). EzQuake (the one you tried already). FodQuake (intended to clean up fuhquake, boost framerates a bit, and just generally decrease latency etc).
      As much as I'd like everyone to use fte I have to admit that I'm biased, so try fodquake first.

There's also zquake, envisaged as a clean engine, it doesn't support many fancy things so its kinda limited in what you can do with it. Don't get me wrong, its a decent engine, but its limited.
      Darkplaces also claims to support connections to QW servers, though the times I've tried to do so recently its crashed one way or another (if you do try it, make sure it doesn't linger in the background using 100% cpu after crashing). Its framerates also tend to be both low and inconsistant. Its just not competitive, imho.

regarding your current ezquake-related issues, make sure your mouse really is bound to +attack. Its quite common for configs etc to use some script to automatically switch weapons when shooting to reduce the times during which you can drop a backpack containing some weapon that might be useful for someone else (one button for lg/sg, the other button for prefered projectiles). Try execing a different config - ezquake should come with a few. If you installed it via the nquake package then you should have a load of different example configs.
      m_smooth 1 should smooth your mouse in any engine, though using it will increase aiming latency. You should perhaps try using a lower mouse sensitivity instead.
      Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
      X