darkplaces map texture help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkplaces map texture help

ive tried a coupe of diffrent map texture replacements( in pk3 form), but nothing changes. whats up?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

thats all that is required , dumping the pk3 files into Id1 folder / run DarkPlaces
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

what do you recomend?
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

darkplaces reads pk3s alphabetically, so lets say you have pak0.pak and your textures are HRtex.pk3 - all of the duplicate data in HRTex.pk3 will be overwritten by pak0.pak on load. SImply rename the textures pak something that is alphanumerically latter to your original game .pak. Or do the opposite and rename your game .pak to something alphanumerically former to your textures .pak.

If you feel like spending a bunch of time optimizing the paks you could simply remove all of the textures from the game .pak and dump all the replacement texture in their stead. I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you are positive that you love the replacement textures (this is including loving their loading time if they are high res)

Hope this helps
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

It should just work.make sure you did not grab the qrack textures as the naming is different and wont work.
          WARNING
          May be too intense for some viewers.
          Stress Relief Device
          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
          ---------------------------
          .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X