darkplaces mod help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkplaces mod help

every time i try to load a mod into darkplaces it shuts down. i even tried soa and no luck. whats going on here?
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Are you sure you are using the right command line for the mod you are trying?
    Example: darkplaces.exe -game hipnotic

Try that or you might you might need a different version of DP.
    Last edited by gdiddy62; 06-08-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

You should start the official Mission Packs (SoA, DoE) without the -game switch - e.g. Darkplaces.exe -rogue or -hipnotic. Otherwise you will miss something

Edit:
      hipnotic should be your mod folder name then
      Last edited by webangel; 06-08-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

yes, and dont try to run the mods from inside dp, but instead use parameters to start darkplaces. i myself found that trying to enable a mod from within dp doesnt work

so start your mod like 'darkplaces.exe -modfolder' or if the mod uses a progs.dat instead use 'darkplaces.exe -game modfolder'

and for soa it should be 'darkplaces.exe -hipnotic' and for DoE you should start it with 'darkplaces.exe -rogue'
        Last edited by talisa; 06-08-2012, 01:27 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

This reminds me on something....

Easy Mission Pack boot for Mission Packs (Darkplaces)

Comment

Yes, I was mistaken and Webangel and splitterface are correct. Do NOT use anything other than the -hipnotic or -rogue. I don't know why I forgot that. All mods should usually have their own folder like splitterface said. Hope I didn't screw you up!

Comment

thanks. i was using darkplaces gui. command line works fine.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Working...
              X