Issue with Warp Spasm + Darkplaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Warp Spasm + Darkplaces

Vorelings and Gaunts appear as coloured octohedrons (diamond shapes) which I believe means it can't find the models for these enemies(?).

I'm currently using the Darkplaces Engine. I have downloaded Quoth too. I'm using a batch file to launch Warp Spasm containing the following:

darkplaces.exe -quoth -game warp -heapsize 48000

Darkplaces.exe is in the Quake directory. quoth and warp folders are both under the Quake directory too, so I think my directory structure is correct.

Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, and hi btw. This is my first post here. I've been reading Quakeone.com and Quaddicted for quite a while, but just signed up here today. Only just started playing Quake again using the Darkplaces engine though I played Zerstorer and Soul of Evil a few years back. I first played Quake back when I was at college in 1996! Quite curious about making my own maps. I do PHP for a living, so how hard can it be?

Originally posted by qualia View Post
    Vorelings and Gaunts appear as coloured octohedrons (diamond shapes) which I believe means it can't find the models for these enemies(?).

I'm currently using the Darkplaces Engine. I have downloaded Quoth too. I'm using a batch file to launch Warp Spasm containing the following:

darkplaces.exe -quoth -game warp -heapsize 48000

Darkplaces.exe is in the Quake directory. quoth and warp folders are both under the Quake directory too, so I think my directory structure is correct.

Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, and hi btw. This is my first post here. I've been reading Quakeone.com and Quaddicted for quite a while, but just signed up here today. Only just started playing Quake again using the Darkplaces engine though I played Zerstorer and Soul of Evil a few years back. I first played Quake back when I was at college in 1996! Quite curious about making my own maps. I do PHP for a living, so how hard can it be?
    Try darkplaces.exe -quoth -warp -heapsize 48000
    WARNING
    May be too intense for some viewers.
    Stress Relief Device
    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
    ---------------------------
    .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
      Try darkplaces.exe -quoth -warp -heapsize 48000
      Thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion launches the normal quake maps for some reason.

Some things to note: I tried placing quoth in the ID1 directory. Warp Spasm launched fine, but I was still having the same issues with the diamonds appearing. So I moved the Quoth directory back, and now Gaunts appear mostly ok. Except when they attack, a diamond appears in their chest. Polyps, Bobbots and Vorelings still appear as diamonds. None of the sounds for any of these enemies are working either.

Quoth works fine on it's own. I just tried it using Darkplaces and everything appears as it should. After a bit of reading, I'm getting the impression that Warp Spasm isn't meant to be played using Darkplaces...

Comment

Originally posted by qualia View Post
        Thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion launches the normal quake maps for some reason.

Some things to note: I tried placing quoth in the ID1 directory. Warp Spasm launched fine, but I was still having the same issues with the diamonds appearing. So I moved the Quoth directory back, and now Gaunts appear mostly ok. Except when they attack, a diamond appears in their chest. Polyps, Bobbots and Vorelings still appear as diamonds. None of the sounds for any of these enemies are working either.

Quoth works fine on it's own. I just tried it using Darkplaces and everything appears as it should. After a bit of reading, I'm getting the impression that Warp Spasm isn't meant to be played using Darkplaces...
        Have A read through this ....Func_Msgboard: W A R P S P A S M
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X