• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Omicron bots and Rocket Arena

@echo off
    cd..
    quakespasm +registered 2 -game arena -winmem 12 +rocketarena -listen 16

This is the batch file I'm using to run Rocket Arena with Omicron bots. However, the registered command doesnt work even if I enter it in the in-game console (it stays at registered 1 no matter what). Also, the chat keeps printing out that there's some missing chunks of data and that demons/dland2 has no samples. What's up with that?

By the way, what does RA's impulse 71 and 72 do? I don't see any changes in the status bar (that's the hud, right?)

Do you have the obots mod folder renamed to "arena", or do you have some rocket arena mod in the "arena" folder?

Comment

rocket arena in the arena folder with obot's prog.dat in in it.

Also, the missing chunks error happen in normal obots too.

Comment

Doing -game arena probably won't work (especially if there are any pak files in the arena folder).

Instead do ...

quakespasm.exe -game omicron -listen 16

And assuming you have your rocket arena maps in id1\maps

You type "rocketarena" from the console then type "map arenax"

http://mrelusive.com/oldprojects/obo...s102/OBOTS.HTM
        Last edited by Baker; 02-22-2016, 01:17 AM.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Uh, it is -game omicron that doesn't work instead. In fact, the help file you linked to is what I followed in the first place, and it specifically says to copy obot's progs.dat into the rocket arena folder and then launch the game as -game arena, which works. Adding the bots work, it's just that the 'registered 2' console command doesn't.

By the way, does anyone know what is up with the missing chunks sound file errors?

Comment

Looks like you found a Quakespasm specific issue with the mod.

You can't set registered to 2.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
            X