No announcement yet.

DP +win10 -unable to connect to server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP +win10 -unable to connect to server?

just earlier today i shared a copy of my darkplaces setup with a close friend so that i could play coop together with her,

but when she tries to connect to a server, darkplaces tells her that the engine is
    unable to find a suitable network socket to connect to

i myself however have no issues whatsoever connecting.
    we were both trying to connect to flanders.quake1.net:26001

we are both using the same DP build and both our DP setups are 100% identical, as i shared my setup with my friend.

i have no issues whatsoever connecting, but my friend keeps getting that error whenever she tries connecting to the same servers

the only difference is that i am using windows7 and my friend is using win10.
    i dunno if there are known issues with win10 and quake?

anybody might be able to help with this?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Hi Talisa
    It's just a thought but it might be worth looking at your friend's firewall, assuming she has one, to ensure that the packets are getting through both ways. NetQuake engines sadly can choose from any of a whole range of ports other than the one the server is "advertised" on.

I use a Windows10 machine to play Quake on most days so it's unlikely to be that. Does she have the same problem on any other euro servers such as bigfoot.servequake.com or damage.servequake.com? Is it the same with other engines such as Qrack or Proquake? Has she tried to run DP with the -ip flag temporarily set to her internal IP address ?

Hope this helps

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Does her server browser in DarkPlaces work or do nothing? (This could shed some light on the problem if the server browser works --- or if it doesn't).

I would have her open a DOS window (Windows key + R, then type "cmd". In the window type "ping flanders.quake1.net" without the quotes) and try to ping the server.

1) If it works from cmd.exe but not DarkPlaces --- it's DarkPlaces somehow (or maybe a firewall or multiple connections).
      2) If she can't ping the server from cmd.exe, something else is going on.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

thanx for the answers guys

next time we want to play together ill try both of your suggestions
        and will let you know if we managed to solve it

and if not ill let you guys know whats going on
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
        X