some questions regarding dark places.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some questions regarding dark places.

Well I am sorry to ask these again as I'm certain they have been answered over and over. First off I am using a Mac, but I noticed that there are very few players in the community using dark places. I have not tried using it on my win7 side of my mac (using a virtual machine). I guess I can only assume using windows is the way to go? In other words, do people who are using a mac only see others on a mac? I know dumb question.

Also, I cannot for the life of me remember how to talk with the console. It's been freaking ages since I played back in the day in college and this 42 year old geezer just plain forgot! Thanks.

Last question is are there more resources for CTF in other quake engines other than Darkplaces? I cannot seem to find any using this one. Either that or I am just plain stupid and I am not searching correctly. I use the console to search using port 2600 and I come up with burtloads of servers but most are empty. Is there a list of the most popular for mac users on here that I can connect directly to via console?

Thanks for the help!!

Hi there Quasi,

do people who are using a mac only see others on a mac
    I cant speak for MAC clients as I never go near them, but this would be quite suprising. As I understand it, the server browser in Dark Places only normally sees Darkplaces and Quakeworld servers. Its browser doesnt show all the other Netquake servers running on Proquake, etc that dont use the Darkplaces specific protocol. This doesnt mean that DP players cant connect to those servers, its just that they are not advertised in the DP server list. This is a pity as DP users could miss active games going on if they dont know where to look. That said, once you join and start playing on a server you can normally see all other spawned players (i.e. who are not dead / obs) regardless of what engine they use.

Also, I cannot for the life of me remember how to talk with the console. It's been freaking ages since I played back in the day in college and this 42 year old geezer just plain forgot! Thanks.
    Normally there is a Key bound to the letter "T" so you just press T, type your message and press return. If your config is a bit different and perhaps you dont have a key bound, you can drop in to console and type say Quake Rules and press return, or bind your own key using the console.

Hope this helps

Kind regards
    Monty
    Last edited by Mr.Burns; 06-02-2017, 08:20 AM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

thanks!

I sincerely appreciate the help! Have a great day Monty!

Comment

Working...
      X