This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info: IHOC Rocket Wars

IHOC Rocket Wars is a multiplayer free-for all mod. It requires no download.

The Basics:

You spawn with 100 health, 150 armor. You have unlimited ammo. You have a grappling hook. You have a jetpack that consumes rockets for fuel. There are 7 basic runes. First player to 23 wins.

The Binds:

+jet = use jet
    +hook = use hook
    +sattack6 = quick grenade

Primary Commands

vote-match
    vote-(map name) such as vote-dm6

The Runes:

Strength, Haste, Safety, Resistance, Regen, Health Regen, Armor Regen

The Servers:

quake.ihoc.net is the primary server. There are other IHOC servers, check http://www.quake1.net for more.

More Information:

http://quake.ihoc.net and http://www.quakeboard.net
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

now that looks fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ▫▪☼{~Ĵჶκჳჩ~}☼▪▫ View Post
      now that looks fun!
      its a blast! I remember the awesome days of Quake when IHOC was in its prime so long ago... IHOC & DM was all I played, and i don't really know why everyone stopped playing that mod. it was kind of a sweet mix between RuneQuake and Clan Arena!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Never did like the jet though... People kept catching me on fire! lol

Didnt the jet take ammo to use?
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Comment

yer correct

and im champion firestarter, you hook your opponent,or near him,and once you get in close you set that nukka on fire with the jet.

also,the jet made accessing maps like e4m3 all to ez, look striaght down and use +jet for a high octane blast of speed, looking up is a somewhat backward movement that seems unnatural though. think of it like how modern jets pivot the thrust, thats how jet works, with looking straight forward being a "hover" straight up and down type jet feature..

wow, rape u all gg
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

The best Quake mod.

Comment

Also, the hook at IHOC made me feel like spiderman, a lot.

Web slinging mafakka feelin the hook has,yes indeed!
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

eSx owned IHOC... on the daily!
                Out of all other opponents... Phenom, Smooth and his brother Ken(I believe) game me a good workout.

I miss this mod.
                Some play to remember...
                Some play to forget.

Comment

We gearing up up soon, HydrO!

Comment

I would like to see this mod played on some HUGE levels. The Jet and Hook would allow excellent navigation through out some truely massive levels... levels that would put DM2 to shame!

nice big open areas leading to small "rat holes" which leads to other sectors of the level...

I wonder where Zop and ORL went!
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro...! View Post
                      eSx owned IHOC... on the daily!
                      Out of all other opponents... Phenom, Smooth and his brother Ken(I believe) game me a good workout.

I miss this mod.
                      i think this is where u got me started on the Quake, when i finally PC'd up.
                      SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                      THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StatiC View Post
                        i think this is where u got me started on the Quake, when i finally PC'd up.

You were into Rocket Wars huh? Why'd you stop playn it?
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                          You were into Rocket Wars huh? Why'd you stop playn it?
                          ya i regret that shit...
                          i left Canada in mid 03' and went overseas where my ping was 600ish... stopped playin, came back here, started again, but nobody cared 4 IHOC if yall do it, ill do it..
                          lol, that "jet" was waaay back buried in my memory somewhere, hearin of it today brought back alot of fun memories.
                          SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                          THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                          sigpic

Comment

esx was a dope outfit! i just stumbled upon this page but i remeber the early days of esx and the rum clan glad to see some of you are still out here keeping it alive.. making me get the itch to come back - The MaGicAl PnUt!

Comment

Originally posted by Pnut View Post
                              esx was a dope outfit! i just stumbled upon this page but i remeber the early days of esx and the rum clan glad to see some of you are still out here keeping it alive.. making me get the itch to come back - The MaGicAl PnUt!
                              WOOOOOOOOOOAH LONG TIME NO FOKN SEEEEEE BROSEPH........

Here you find [eSx]APOCALYPSE XD

I'd be happy to invest time/effort into rebuilding IHOC activity. Setting people on fire with the JET BOOTS (+jet) was actually about as good as it got, short of Quad+Haste+RocketLauncher, or Strength+Quad+LightningGun.

Torwards the last few times I played with an IHOC player, on an IHOC server, it was either I was being trolled / getting ribbed for my capacity to play the mod/Q1 in general in a haha-you're a fucking fuck, prolly a bot (JOKE) versus dude really thought I was a cheat/hack.

Phenom dealt with the same riff raff before too, but I wasn't sure on how to gauge my interaction. I bet I posted about it at Quakeboard if I searched hard enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X