Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List your bomber.ironrocket.com bugs here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List your bomber.ironrocket.com bugs here.

Ok, its always been on my mind since Bomber went up and loaded CAx. Bomber has bugs. So I am trying to compile a list of bugs, glitches and general errors people get while on the Bomber server, this will definitly help Bam when hes working on the CAx mod so lets get every things from the small bugs to the server crashing monster glitches! This is a serious discussion so please no BS, Thank you!

Theres quite a few more and I'm sure some of you will be saying "Why didn't Phenom mention this certain bug/glitch". and the reason for that is because I can't remember everything that goes on so I want all of you to help make Bomber even better! Thank you!

Bugs I've noticed so far are.

The admin "turns off" when you use the RESET command.

The Eyecam while chasing sometimes gives you a free look (Not sure if this is supposed to be or not but I listed it anyways.)
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

I've noticed:

1. No death messages
    2. On rare occasions, a round doesn't end when it should. Someone will get killed and the round doesn't end.
    3. On rare occasions, someone gets marked as "dead" and they are still alive, I'm not sure how that can happen.
    4. Is MM2 bug fixed, btw?
    5. And the rare "waiting" bug. Don't have enough info on that.
    6. Not a bug, but needs green team capability
    7. Some letter bronzing here and there.
    8. When player wants to join after the action has begun, even voting to allow player to join a team doesn't seem to work.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

During a match randomly one players frag count goes back to zero.
      When tells the score between matches it's missing a space "theyellow team has 4 and needs 1 to win"
      uakene.com

Comment

I'm glad you brought up this thread. I just started tweaking CAx, so Phenom could use it on his server, I haven't actually played the mod for more than 5 minutes.

I'll fix every bug, but it's just a matter of tracking them all down.

Bam

Comment

Bam's da man! lets hear it for Bam! wh00p!!!
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Bam
            I'll fix every bug, but it's just a matter of tracking them all down.
            It's already a ton better than the codebase was before you took over it. I've noticed a lot of fixed/improved things.

Originally posted by Phenom
            Bam's da man! lets hear it for Bam! wh00p!!!
            He is THE man!
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Just so you know Phenom, the admin "reset" command resets the entire server. It doesn't just reset the match. If you reset the server, all information is lost, including which players are admins.

Bam

Comment

Ok, I understand that

It just seemed irritating since I've had to use the reset command so much heh
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

I have someting special for the Bomber server coming soon!

Thanks Bam!
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Comment

Hey Bam ...

The latest version of the mod wasn't detected the end of a round. For example, you could kill everyone and nothing would happen. Just a heads up on that.

-------

Hey Phenom, check this map list. Let us know if there are any other maps you would like to include. I'm assuming not, and this is a wide selection. I'll be building the installer today, so please let me know ASAP.

a2
                    aerowalk
                    agenda
                    agent
                    alk08dm
                    auhdm2
                    baldm6
                    baldm8
                    bomberman
                    bsp
                    dranzdm8
                    endif
                    factory3
                    fragtwn7
                    hipdm1
                    lacrima
                    nindm3
                    q1_q3dm13
                    q1edge
                    q1q3test <------ strike in favor of q3test2
                    q3dm6qw
                    rf2
                    rm
                    sanity
                    schloss
                    skull
                    sofdm1
                    toilet4
                    ultrav
                    xntrick
                    zed2
                    ztndm3
                    ztndm4
                    Just FYI, the only difference between q1q3test and q3test2 is the q1q3test has some crappy looking "Quake" sign hacked into it that looks like it was made by a 5 year old. Q3TEST2 is the exact same map, just not with that awful sign some kid must have "made himself" and put into the map. (q1q3test/q3test2 is that Quake 3 space remake everyone likes).

Comment

"3. On rare occasions, someone gets marked as "dead" and they are still alive"

That happened while I was playing against Mindz. He restarted the server and it fixed it.

Comment

What about NINDM3V2.bsp?
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Comment

What about NINDM3V2.bsp?
                          Should I use that map instead or in addition to nindm3? I think they are the same map.

Comment

I don't have nindm3

but if you think its the same map then nevermind? nindm3v2 might be an update to some small issues to nindm3, or maybe just a small tweak in design.
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                            Great Quake engine

Comment

I don't have nindm3

but if you think its the same map then nevermind? nindm3v2 might be an update to some small issues to nindm3, or maybe just a small tweak in design.
                              We'll do the one you selected then, the v2 version.

Comment

Working...
                              X