Yugo2Heck Patch @ Bomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yugo2Heck Patch @ Bomber

The Yugo2Heck authored patch is running at Bomber.

It seems very improved from the (crappy) unixed binary that was previously running.

The Yugo2Heck binary has some features such as enabling colors 14 and 15, plus even GLQuake and other non-NAT patched clients can connect to the server.

Pros:

- ProQuake identify is difficult, but not impossible (some might disagree with my listing this as "pros" ... I think it's great)
    - Server-side NAT Fix
    - Colors 14 and 15 enabled
    - Some other nice touches
    - MM2 now works!

Things I noticed:

- Monster and his insane Quake ownage beat me during testing.
    - If I do MM2 a lot, I get told to shut up. That's fine for MM, but not MM2.
    - CAx changes your color when you die or pick teams. I got kicked for changing colors too often.
    - Some ip address beginning 72.x.x.x kept printing to the console every few seconds. The server IP? I dunno.

But I didn't notice any play or performance issues. Felt great.

Personally, I like the IHOC executable because I feel it has more character.
    Last edited by Baker; 05-14-2006, 05:48 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Yeah that happens to me a lot too, with the shutting up thing. Was pissing me off. I got kicked like 3 times from that weird color changing bug....

Comment

I think there were 7 or 8 players at one point. I didn't notice any smoothness issues and everything felt like normal. (But since you change to the color white when you die, I got kicked from the server about halfway thru the match )
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X