Latest version of Frogbot ClanArena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest version of Frogbot ClanArena

Does anyone here know the latest version of FrogBot clanarena for normal quake? I know that there are lots of versions for QW only. But I'm confused as to which one is the latest version. Anyone have a link to download it?

I'm also looking for a big file that supports a LOT of frogbot maps. I've heard of one of them that supports like 100+... Don't know where to get it though.

Originally posted by Monster
    Does anyone here know the latest version of FrogBot clanarena for normal quake? I know that there are lots of versions for QW only. But I'm confused as to which one is the latest version. Anyone have a link to download it?
    Try the file downloads section here. 0.92 KT is the final NQ version (so far).

Since the source is available, it could be updated/tweaked a little. There are a couple of things I think could be improved about it.

My list of things I noticed about it:

Actually crashes on unsupported maps (better to have a message)
    A typo or 2 "commands" is spelling wrong
    Remove pointless v_spike.mdl from precache
    Add in some of Trinca's waypoints
    It resets to deathmatch mode 1 on map changes (argh!)
    Somehow isn't completely JoeQuake friendly with a couple of cvars

etc, etc. ... nothing major.
    I have to say that Paraboil's Frogbots mod is the most impressive and user friendly bots program I've personally used. I haven't used many, though.

The source is also in the file downloads section.

Official page: http://www.parboil.quakeworld.ru/

It's in Russian! http://babelfish.altavista.com is your friend!

I'm also looking for a big file that supports a LOT of frogbot maps. I've heard of one of them that supports like 100+... Don't know where to get it though.
    As far as I know, those are in the QuakeC of 0.92 KT version. You could download the latest Quakeworld version, try to port it into the 0.92KT source and compile.

That's your only option that I know of.
    Last edited by Baker; 05-20-2006, 02:15 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks for all of that. Hopefully Trinca will find me a progs.dat that has all the maps in it.

Comment

Is there a way that you can configure so every time you open the exe, it automatically is in CA mode, instead of deathmatch?

Comment

I don't even know how to get into CA mode. If you know what/how to do that, post it here.

Eventually, I'd like to make some better docs on that mod.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

To get into ca mode

You have to have:
            modify the quake.rc file with notepad in your frogbot folder so it looks like so:
            // load the base configuration
            exec default.cfg

// load the last saved configuration
            exec config.cfg

// run a user script file if present
            exec autoexec.cfg

map dm3

stuffcmds
            skill 20

-----next-----

create a cfg file in frogbot folder called arena, which contains:
            fraglimit 0
            timelimit 0
            teamplay 5
            deathmatch 6
            reset

----end------

Execute that arena.cfg manually, after dm3 loads.

Then you have to manually type in console:
            rl_pref
            hide
            arena
            damage
            botrj
            reset

----complete---

After that it should function as normal ca+ kind've rounds, etc.

Oh also, u should extract frogbot 1.02bt over top the .092 version.

If you don't have it http://www.parboil.quakeworld.ru/

You can find it there, and Trinca did post a direct link to his progs dat file for frogbot to work with tons of maps, i just don't have the link atm.

I'll try an find it.

Comment

Working...
            X