DirectQ Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectQ Collection

Link is good for 100 days and/or before Bandwidth exceeded, re-upped on 6/23/2014 should be good til 10/something/2014.
    Will reupload again then, sooner or later I'll get unlazy and publish em all individually in the clients section.
    DirectQ Collection 6/23/2014

Updated link available ! TinyUpload hosting now!

These are various DirectQ clients I've collected over its progress, VIVA LA DirectQ

If thing's dont work for you

Get this DX9 update yes you probably need it even if you have Win7/DX11 ;

Download DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center

Get this for DirectQ 2.0's and newer
    Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 06-23-2014, 02:13 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Thank you for this Mindz.
    I hope MH is alright. Didnt see him for quite a long time now...
    Whatever pesonal issue he has to fight at the moment, he will sure come over it and be back with us. To relax and doing what he likes to do:
    Making Quake a better game

Comment

Yup he's one of my hero's
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Thank you for the Collection, Mindf!3ldzX.
        ░░▒▒▓▓██ Casi EOF ██▓▓▒▒░░
        ░░▒▒▓▓██ M 4 C G Y V 3 R ██▓▓▒▒░░
        ░░▒▒▓▓██ EOF =D ██▓▓▒▒░░

Comment

Your welcome,I'm still plugging away with the april release its fantastic for my needs.

Comment

Hi all. Thanks for such a useful collection.

Is it possible to get any specific information about DirectQ versions above 1.9.0 which is said to be the latest stable? I've tried the "test" one (dated 04.03.2012), looks like it works better for me with Warpspasm pack than v1.9.0. Is this version rely on dx11 rather than dx9? Thanks in advance.

Also MH's personal blog seems to be deleted for some reason...
            Last edited by 1path0gen1; 11-26-2013, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Just for the record, apparently the latest build in this pack seems to be dated 2012-11-11 (that's the v2.0 branch already however and will require latest DX 9.0c redistributable). Would have been nice to know what changed compared to the 1.9.0 build from the website, but the lack of a changelog and the disappearance of the author probably won't help.

Anyway, I have tried FitzQuake Mk V lately and ran into some problems with it when running "Shrak" (random freezes), so I'll give this a try and check if it does any better. Also going to check how well it works with Nehahra or Warpspasm - according to the documentation on the website, these are supported and SHOULD (!) run with this port.
              Last edited by NightFright; 02-18-2014, 09:14 AM.
              Authentic Models Pack
              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Originally posted by 1path0gen1 View Post
                Hi all. Thanks for such a useful collection.

Is it possible to get any specific information about DirectQ versions above 1.9.0 which is said to be the latest stable? I've tried the "test" one (dated 04.03.2012), looks like it works better for me with Warpspasm pack than v1.9.0. Is this version rely on dx11 rather than dx9? Thanks in advance.

Also MH's personal blog seems to be deleted for some reason...
                Yes, all DirectQ 2.0's are DX11

MH has been mia for a minute now, hopefully he will return!

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
                  Just for the record, apparently the latest build in this pack seems to be dated 2012-11-11 (that's the v2.0 branch already however and will require latest DX 9.0c redistributable). Would have been nice to know what changed compared to the 1.9.0 build from the website, but the lack of a changelog and the disappearance of the author probably won't help.

Anyway, I have tried FitzQuake Mk V lately and ran into some problems with it when running "Shrak" (random freezes), so I'll give this a try and check if it does any better. Also going to check how well it works with Nehahra or Warpspasm - according to the documentation on the website, these are supported and SHOULD (!) run with this port.
                  I'll do my best to workup a change log. Most of the changes was on the backend IIRC because I followed MH religiously and requested show-me builds on the regular!

I should have some PM's with some details about each release I think.

Comment

At least some minor progress seems to have been made regarding Nehahra support. While v1.9.0 doesn't even load it, latest DX11 (v2.0) build at least plays the intro map and movie properly. However, then it also crashes (some virtual memory addressing error).

Effectively, you still can't play Nehahra, but it feels like it's not far from being functional. I'd really like to have a "proper", more recent port for it that can use my custom LIT files while maintaining the "vanilla feeling" (not like e.g. Darkplaces does with plain water surfaces).
                    Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Have you tried https://www.quaddicted.com/engines/requiem ?
                      Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Nice! Actually, I had just tried JoeQuake and found it quite capable of running Nehahra the way I want it (with VISed maps, MHColour LIT files and proper water surface warp). ReQuiem is quite close to it, with a few more configuration options maybe. The only annoyance is that r_wateralpha setting is reset to 1 every time I load a game or change maps. Without that little detail, it'd be almost perfect.
                        Last edited by NightFright; 02-21-2014, 02:09 PM.
                        Authentic Models Pack

Comment

Mindf!3ldzX
                          Can you please upload DirectQ collection again, to some other filehosting? Cause anonfiles was down by lawsuit.

Comment

No need for some fishy unreliable file host: https://www.quaddicted.com/files/engines/directq/
                            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Does anyone know what the status of MH and DirectQ is? His blog has been down a while down now.

Not looking for insider info, his personal life is none of my business. However, wondering if he made some sort of public statement or something that I missed.

DirectQ is hands down my favorite port, I hope development has not ceased.
                              www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

Working...
                              X