Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(DarkPlaces) How do I turn off shader compile log messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (DarkPlaces) How do I turn off shader compile log messages?

I'd like to be able to disable those shader compile log messages that pop up in the HUD every now and then. Thanks!
    Last edited by Lava Grunt; 01-18-2014, 11:49 AM.

if you get messages appearing that means there are errors.

can you please open the console and press F12 to take a screenshot and post the screenshot?

just uploadd the screenshot to imgur for example and post a link to it here.

so we can have a look at what the error-messages say and help you solve them
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I have no clue where the screenshot directory is when I take these screenshots, and the print screen button wants to be stupid and take a picture of my screen as soon as DarkPlaces closes.

Comment

the screenshot will go in the same folder which you are also running from,
        so if you run normal quake it will be in the ID1 folder

or if you are running a mod it will be in the folder of that mod
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks dude! But I'll just type what's going on:

(Line offset for any above
          warnings/errors: 46)

Everything in game looks 100% normal, minus the bottom of shell crates having some whiteness at the bottom on gl_linear_mipmap_linear but I use gl_nearest.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Had some stuff come up.

I'm running Quake HD v.1.44. Using the default 2013 build within the mod, rather than the 2011 option. The same problem happened with just plain old Darkplaces as well, but I think the number for warnings/errors was 46 for that instead of 48 for Quake HD.

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. It displays a few times in the console and then periodically while I'm playing. I haven't experienced one problem graphically or gameplay wise. This message appears in both regular Quake, Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity.

Thanks a bunch for help, man.

Comment

hmm i unno what this error means... but i would think its something with QC

seeing you are using _smith_'s 'quake hd', i suggest re-posting about this bug in his thread
              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...ew-spawns.html

i personally dont know anything about his 'quake hd' pack cuz i dun use it,
              but _smith_ is the creator and he might be able to help better

Comment

typing into console:
                developer -1
                is always worth a try...

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                  typing into console:

is always worth a try...
                  No dice

EDIT: Ugh, it seems like it's a graphics card problem. I use a Intel HD Graphics 3000 card (kinda bad I know) for Quake HD; it runs really well with offset mapping off. However, I played Quake HD on my laptop (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200) and the message never popped up. Is there still a way to rip out the code for that message to display? It's obviously a false alarm.
                  Last edited by Lava Grunt; 01-18-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

If you want to get rid of these notifications so bad, then do it by typing into console:
                    con_notify 0
                    Be aware, that this will also affect all other messages, that normaly appears on the top left corner of your screen, like:
                    - chat messages (in multiplayer)
                    - in-game messages like "You got the nailgun" (when picking up weapons or ammo or powerups ...)

Centerprints on the middle of your screen will still work as normal.

The decision is yours

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      If you want to get rid of these notifications so bad, then do it by typing into console:

Be aware, that this will also affect all other messages, that normaly appears on the top left corner of your screen, like:
                      - chat messages (in multiplayer)
                      - in-game messages like "You got the nailgun" (when picking up weapons or ammo or powerups ...)

Centerprints on the middle of your screen will still work as normal.

The decision is yours
                      I know about that, but I'd rather see if rolling back my driver fixes it. That's a last resort. This bug is pretty damn annoying.

EDIT: Oh, the pickup messages still display in the console? That's great! Wish I knew that. I prefer it with those messages off to reduce the visual clutter. Hooray for inadvertent solutions!
                      Last edited by Lava Grunt; 01-19-2014, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X