Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to always keep fog on in DirectQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to always keep fog on in DirectQ?

So after I been messing with the DirectQ settings, and fixing up a huge Autoexec.cfg file to my needs. I been wondering about the whole Fog command.

When I enter (Fog "0.05") in the console. The map becomes foggy. I like this effect, and it really goes well with Quake.

But the good question is, how do I keep it on constantly? If that is at all possible. Reason why I ask, is because every time I exit the level. Or restart DirectQ, it removes the fog entirely, as if I've never even enter the command.

I even put the same command into my Autoexec.cfg. And still get the same effect.

So is there some possible way to keep this command on constantly?

Hello EternallyAries,

As far as I know, it is not possible to execute the "fog" command 'universal' in Quake, like you want to do it. It must be set in/after worldspawn.

The best you can do is to enable the fog via key shortcut, so you do not need to add the command into your console at each map start. You would then only need to push your keyboard key.
    Somethig like this into your directq.cfg:
    bind "f" "fog 0.05 0.3 0.25 0.22" // enable
    bind "g" "fog 0" // disable
    But I may be wrong of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post
      Hello EternallyAries,

As far as I know, it is not possible to execute the "fog" command 'universal' in Quake, like you want to do it. It must be set in/after worldspawn.

The best you can do is to enable the fog via key shortcut, so you do not need to add the command into your console at each map start. You would then only need to push your keyboard key.
      Somethig like this into your directq.cfg:

But I may be wrong of course.
      Thank you Seven. I'll give the bind a try.

Comment

Working...
      X