ProQuake have gamepad support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProQuake have gamepad support?

Was trying to get proquake going and wanted to setup my controller. But it doesn't seem to have controller support. Not even the standard built in quake joystick support. Joyadvanced console command doesn't seem to work.

Does it just not support joysticks/controllers at all? Or are the console commands/variables changed like they are in darkplaces?

Also wondering about fitzquake.

Thanks

For proquake :

Try in console :

joystick "1"

Also add to the commandline -joystick
    My servers for the gamers:
    bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
    port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
    Offline ATM
    fvf.servequake.com
    flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
    Offline ATM
    newdm.servequake.com
    port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Polarite View Post
      For proquake :

Try in console :

joystick "1"

Also add to the commandline -joystick
      Already have joystick 1 set. but my pad isn't working. I have the following in my autoexec.cfg which works fine for directq.

joystick "1"
      joyadvanced "1"
      joyadvaxisy "1"
      joyadvaxisx "3"
      joyadvaxisz "4"
      joyadvaxisr "2"
      joysidesensitivity "1.8"
      joyforwardsensitivity "-1.8"
      joyyawsensitivity "-2.5"
      joypitchsensitivity "1.5"
      joyadvancedupdate

bind "JOY6" "impulse 10"
      bind "JOY5" "impulse 12"
      bind "JOY7" "+jump"
      bind "JOY8" "+attack"

***ok. looks like I just had to use the -joystick command line and rename the buttons from joy to aux. Thanks.

Too bad there is a really bad input lag when trying multiplayer with proquake. The whole reason I was trying to get the gamepad working.
      Last edited by Legend; 06-16-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

directq = top fuel dragster on nearly any hardware + supports all proquake multiplayer features.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yeah, I do prefer directq. I can only play 1.8.4 though since more recent versions don't wanna work on my pc. I was only checking out proquake again cause of it's ease of use for online play. Since it pops up a list of active servers which the other engines (and directq) don't seem to have.

proquake works fine in single player, but when I tried out the multiplayer earlier today, there was a noticable lag with the input. everytime I fired or moved, the in game player would react a split second after I would actually press a button and it was quite noticable and made playing rather difficult to control.

Comment

i think i used a gamepad once with proquake
            the buttons should be bound to "aux1:" or aux2 etc u have to test
            like bind aux1 "echo this is buton1" etc to see how many buttons it supports
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

@ R00k:

Yeah, I got the gamepad to work in ProQuake. I just had to add "-joystick" like Polarite suggested.

My only issue now is the input delay when trying multiplayer. It happens even when playing with keyboard + mouse.

btw, I know gamepad is not preferable for multi player, but my given situation is a combination of lack of a proper desk and seat, and hand problems.

I used to hate playing with a controller over a keyboard and mouse, but have gotten use to it out of necessity.

Comment

Working...
              X