Very annoying relief mapping glitch in Darkplaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorWallaceBreen View Post
    thanks for the advice, recommending me a source port that doesn't fix my Darkplaces problem. I don't want a god damned different source port, I would've asked if I did.

This thread wasn't a 'suggest me a different source port thread', it's 'what the hell could be wrong with Darkplaces thread'.

This forum sucks.
    I also wanted to comment that you are being extremely rude saying this. Can't speak to everyone on the forum as I'm a newbie myself but this is childish at best. Not getting the answer you want does not equate that the whole forum sucks. We have some terrific and talented members on this forum that are very knowledgeable. And technically switching engines would fix your problem LOL. The point is, you're not entitled on any forum to an answer. If we have one someone will provide it eventually. It's always good idea to check multiple forums and (as you already did) go to the source (LordHavoc). I appreciate the question because it made me look at my problem that I had just been ignoring. Above I mentioned additional cvars that might help if you adjust them. I recommended a different texture pack that might help. Golden boy explain the alpha channel textures. Shaders have also been known to cause problems with parallax mapping. But the reality is I just don't know. :/ If you figure it out beyond how I fixed mine let me know. I am always interested in knowing more about this stuff and why. Oh, btw, I was told turning off ambient occulsion if you have it on in your nvidia control panel or similar might help but my guess is its not on by default. Or use nvidia Inspector to force it if you have an nvidia card.

But check the attitude at the door, son. We are all pretty chill here.

Just my two cents. Cheers.

Comment

I actually think I remember Spike saying that FTE creates the heightmap from the normal map or something. Maybe DP does the same, in which case missing heightmaps would not be the problem.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
        x2.

Show FTE some love. No one seems to fully appreciate what that engine can do.
        I realy do appreciate what FTE can do, and its my second favorite, it runs DM with little to no microstutter problems and is great for speeruns if that extra 5ms of boost gets you around the map faster. I also like the many preset options.
        But thats not the solution to the problem.
        Darkplaces is the superior singleplayer client with the most options and functionality. But with all those options you have some of them will display glitches from time to time.

I have not experienced this glitch you are seeing so it may be a graphics driver miscommunication.
        We primarily speak english here...
        Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

Darkplaces is the superior singleplayer client with the most options and functionality
          IDK, man. gb builds some really good stuff and I don't see him jumping to use DP. Actually I could point you to posts that insinuate the opposite. I'm not a DP vs FTE feature pro/officianado so I can't really speak to whether DP is "the superior single player client" but, I can say that sounds more like a questionable opinion rather than a fact.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Thats just my opinion.
            We primarily speak english here...
            Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

Working...
            X