Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DP have an internal resolution scaler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does DP have an internal resolution scaler?

I distinctly remember at one point that i used a res multiplier command in DP to downscale the resolution internally without changing the window size. Is this command still here? or is it a mistake of something i found within proquake?
    We primarily speak english here...
    Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

I think you mean vid_conheight and vid_conwidth

Comment

I could be wrong that this var ever existed but im not trying to adjust the console or hud size, im trying to adjust the internal rendering resolution.
      This feature is very similar to pixel-doubling on Eduke32.
      Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

You can do that inside Nvidia Control Panel , here's a link with juicy details...

Better IQ: Downscaling (AMD+NV) - AnandTech Forums

As for Darkplaces doing this in-game, I have never heard of it or heard anyone discuss it. You might be able to setup a custom profile of sorts , but I don't own a Nvidia card so I can't speak from experience,but once you get you're custom resolution setup inside NCP you SHOULD be able to select the custom resolution inside DP,which will automatically downscale driver side,and when you're in the desktop you can just use the normal resolution.

Don't hold me over a bucket of water to this though, I just have some experience with downscaling thanks to Turtlevan!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

What your are aiming for is r_viewscale I think.
          If you want to play Quake as it was meant to be, you should write gl_texturemode gl_nearest into your console and then r_viewscale 0.5. Or even lower.
          I think this method was used in original Quake too. I remember playing Quake with 320x240 and then 640x480. I think I have read somhewhere that the r_viewscale method was also used. Aka a simple skip of every second pixel rendering. That was how they achieved 320x240 compared to 640x480.

Comment

Thanks for trying to help, but increasing my resolution and downscaling wont realy get the effect im looking for. I think it need too look at the complete list of console vars for DP. I might find somthing there.

To put it simple im trying to get 320x240 and stretch it to my 1080p monitor.

NVM, Henry got it, LEEEROOOY!
            I rock gl_nearest_mipmap_nearest all fuckin day long. and ive seen the effect it has on the viewscale. My problem was that ON THE DP WIKI THE DESCRIPTION FOR THIS VAR WAS MISLEADING.
            It looked like an FOV changer.

But now i remember, it was an integer, not two vars. meaning i got to use a multiplier to scale it down.
            1920 divided by 6 = 320. which means the var will be r_viewscale 0.3
            Thanks for the reminder.
            Now i have to figure out how to take the linear blending off.
            gl_texturemode gl_nearest doesnt do this
            Last edited by M_Luminoth; 08-21-2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

You want to try Engoo - The Worst Quake Engine In Existence
              Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

NVM, found it by using the apropos command, Use gl_texturemode gl_nearest_mipmap_nearest FORCE

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                Umm, thanks. Ill definately check that out. Lets see how bad this thing is.

Comment

I might get some hate for this, but i realy like Engoo.

Comment

going to check it out later, and I won't lie, it does actually look like a pretty decent little engine
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP85exKGrJY[/ame]

best bugs eu

but seriously, rather confused by this :/
                      Last edited by OMacKnight; 08-22-2014, 07:36 AM.
                      twitch
                      wew lad

Comment

LOL! Gotta try this engine just for the fun of it!

Comment

it's a cool looking engine, but I can't run it without the aforementioned bug :c
                          twitch
                          wew lad

Comment

The Engoo engine doesn´t like dual monitor setups which you seem to be using. The mouse will spin continuously. Makaqu also suffers from this bug I think. If you are interested in software engines for Quake; There are Makaqu, Super8 and Engoo I think.

Comment

I'm rocking dual monitor, have been since 2011.Downloading right now brah
                              Update ; not broken here, actually loaded quick and snappy
                              I'm in window mode currently, trying diff resolutions right now in fullscreen.

conclusion ; flawless victory over here.
                              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-22-2014, 11:24 AM.
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X