alt-tabbing gives mouse problems in darkplaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alt-tabbing gives mouse problems in darkplaces

So basically if I run DP in a window and then alt-tab away from it, then come back to it, the mouse is making the player move instead of looking - moving mouse left/right will strafe left/right, mouse forward makes player move forward etc.

I've tried +mlook, freelook 1 in the console but nothing helps.

Ideas?

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
    -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

press alt when you return to game. Should fix it.

Comment

^THAT
      I've been waiting ages for someone to mention this. I too suffer this but I have no friggin clue why lol. I'm watching this post like a fn hawk, let me know if you stumble onto a fix or something outside this post.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
        Confirmed to fix this on my end!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
          Thanks, that fixed it.

-r0t.uk- cOOp - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26001
          -r0t.uk- DM - Mapvote - r0t.uk:26000

Comment

The reason this fixes it is because it gets stuck in +strafe mode. Alt is +strafe. Once you press and release it it goes back to -strafe. You could fix this by changing your alt button to a different bind and it won't do this anymore. Once you alt-tab it remembers the last button you pressed in quake (alt) and it doesn't do the release so it gets stuck. Just rebind to something else and fixed permanently. Cheers.
            Last edited by PrimalLove; 08-28-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

simple way to prevent getting this issue in the first place, is making sure to first press ESC before alt-tabbing.
              it wont happen if you have the menu open while alt-tabbing
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

@talisa

Yes, or press tilde and it will also fix it.

Comment

Working...
                X