Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32bit shouldnt KILL your performance unless youre running a machine from 98 anyways. The difference for Baker here is a preference, not a destructive one. I play in 640x480x32. 640x480 because I switch rtlights on or off as I feel like it and would rather not change resolution, and it does matter with the rtlights for me.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

actually its not 4 of em, 2 of em, its still QUAD SLI though because they're are two GPU's in one card. Nvidia geforce 7950 gx2! Only 2gb its looking like, the price was just too heavy with 4, and you don't even need that much. that 2.8 ghz processor threw on like another $1000 on the price, so right now its a 2.4 ghz amd athlon 4800+.

Still a very kickass comp. Should cut through games like a hot knife through butter.

Comment

Those textures are so cheesy and cartoony looking. Blah.

Comment

I tryed those. Didn't like them I think that with those settings,it isn't DarkPlaces engine anymore. It gets just a bit diferent from glpro.

Comment

I told Baker what it would look like crap. It's just the textures he was showing off. And 16 bit sucks. LOL
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

I use the darkplaces default config, except that I tend to turn on r_bloom and tend to turn off r_coronas.

I play at 1280x960x32bit in a window, or 1600x1200x32bit fullscreen, I refuse to use lower resolutions

I use fov 90 as I simply hate view warping, although I have sometimes played with 1600x900 which is an interesting way to get widescreen, leaving enough area below the game to see IRC chat

I sometimes play with full per pixel lighting mode on (it's fast enough to be playable on my BFG GF6800 ULTRA OC AGP at 1280x960), sometimes off (I'm not that fond of the rtlights files romi made, sadly, and haven't taken the time to redo them myself).

Comment

I saw in an earlier version of darkplaces you had menu options for changing the menu resolution size (width and height). Tehre was also a slider to adjust the sbar transparency level. Where did these menu optioons go? And what are the console commands for these?

Comment

Resolution can still be found under Video Options but I don't know the commands for transparent HUD :'(

Comment

No, I don't mean screen resolution, I mean the resolution of the menu/console.

Comment

Type in vid_conwidth and vid_conheight. Set them to what you want. I use 1400x1050 and 800x600 console. Check out the latest jun16 beta. It has a cool frag counter and timer, along with showing the names of players in the status bar.
                      I don't recall DP having console adjustment in the menu. I never really had to adjust the console until I got the latest version (the names of players were cut off a little).

Comment

Oh, and is there a variable like pq_moveup, that allows you to map +jump and +moveup to the same key.

Comment

alias +myjump "-movedown;+jump;+moveup"
                          alias -myjump "-moveup;-jump;+movedown"

nothing new offcourse..

Comment

i've tried something like that in the past, but it hasn't worked for me. And this one you showed me doesn't work exactly correct either. Here's what worked perfectly for me after some tweaking:

alias +myjump "+jump;+moveup"
                            alias -myjump "-moveup;-jump"

the problem i have had in the past was i had -moveup and -jump reversed, and it wouldn't work. The +-movedown commands aren't necessary, and the +movedown command made me sink like a rock everytime i hopped in the water.

Comment

yeah i use that in CAx so ur not such an easy target in the water..

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
                                yeah i use that in CAx so ur not such an easy target in the water..
                                I know LordHavoc thinks pq_moveup is sort of unclean because it isn't compatible with some mods or alters the intended operation of the jump key in some mods, but I think DarkPlaces would be better off supporting some form of pq_moveup as an option.

I mean, if the alternative is for players to bind "+moveup; +jump" to a key, that isn't compatible/intended with those mods either :d :d :d
                                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                                X