Kurok psp engine. Texture filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurok psp engine. Texture filter

Hi. I'm a big psp shooters fan. I especialy like kurok, Quake and nazi zombies portable. As far as i know, all of them, works on the kurok engine. I dont know if it is true but i heard that this engine is a modified version of proquake engine. My biggest offense against those games is texture filtering. I'd like to disable it, but typing gł_texturemode command in console, only leads me to "unknown command". Does anyone know how to disable texture filtering in kurok engine?

Maybe set r_dithering to 0 or (maybe set it to 1) and if that doesn't do it, there may not be a way to do what you want.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

This command works. It Changes the look of textures a bit, and game looks a lot better. Thanks a lot. filter is still on though. Anyone got any idea?
      Last edited by Grzybiarz; 05-31-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Make a file called autoexec.cfg. Make the first line say

r_dithering 0

Save it in the Kurok folder. It should work, I would think. But if there is already another autoexec.cfg then you should add that line to it instead of creating a new one.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

It did as much as the last time, but i think that what you wanted to. I think that this dithering thing makes the game a lot nicer. As far as i learned, none of glquake commands works for kurok engine, which makes me unable to disable texture filtering. At least I can play Quake in software mode, but with lower frame rate. Thanks for help.

Comment

I think what you are after is point filtering, pixelated textures? I don't think I added support for that, but it's not too hard to edit the source code and change the filtering type if you know where to look (and know how to compile using the psp toolchain!)

I'm thinking of starting work on Kurok again

I have a port of Quake 3 for the PSP, not sure if that actually did get released ... requires slim or go PSP's to run it though. And even then, only on small maps. Runs amazingly well though!
            Last edited by MDave; 06-20-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

HA! MDave is back. Wish I still had my PSP Slim if you're going to work on Kurok again.

Comment

Wow. I didnt expect you to anwser. Well thanks for that. Now i know for sure. If you are going to make a new version of kurok, i can help with testing. My psp model is 3004.

Comment

I am not promising anything hah, but if I do, there wouldn't be any engine changes. Just pure content, wanting to finish the single player aspect. I have thought about remaking the game in Unity (so it can be easily played on so many platforms, and with modern ease of use creating content for it). Someone recreated Quake style movement for it, which is quite attractive

I'm all about recreating old school classic game play, the engine comes second

Comment

Can you post a Download link to that quake 3 for psp? I'm curious how does it look like.

Comment

Crow_Bar did the initial groundwork on porting it, and I helped with some rendering and bug fixes. I don't have the EBOOT.PBP file handy, my PSP is somewhere in storage hah. But the SVN is here, if you can compile it and you have Quake 3 data files, should work (WiFi switch needs to be turned on PSP, or else it crashes on boot). Half the time it will crash when booting, not sure why. There is also a slight memory leak, so after playing for a long time it will eventually crash.

Quake3PSP - Revision 3: /

Looks like its on YouTube, but the version Crow_Bar gave me before I fixed the rendering issues

https://youtu.be/vooU6DDXmp8?t=163

Comment

Originally posted by MDave View Post
                        Crow_Bar did the initial groundwork on porting it, and I helped with some rendering and bug fixes. I don't have the EBOOT.PBP file handy, my PSP is somewhere in storage hah. But the SVN is here, if you can compile it and you have Quake 3 data files, should work (WiFi switch needs to be turned on PSP, or else it crashes on boot). Half the time it will crash when booting, not sure why. There is also a slight memory leak, so after playing for a long time it will eventually crash.

Quake3PSP - Revision 3: /

Looks like its on YouTube, but the version Crow_Bar gave me before I fixed the rendering issues

https://youtu.be/vooU6DDXmp8?t=163
                        Is this the same thing as what ended up being called Quake Arcade Arena for PSP? I came across that myself a few nights ago, below is the download Grzybiarz. Thanks for linking the Quake3 code MDave, and also for your help over email regarding the Kurok psp code :-) Here is what you helped contribute to!

Quake Arena Arcade Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke2qf5q1btg5ne7/QAA.rar?dl=0

Update 1 : I found the eboot for Quake3 port by Crow_Bar... wow its a real Quake3 port. Extremely real. A bit slow load times but WOW. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jr1rlr34th...e3PSP.zip?dl=0
                        Update 2: Crow_Bar used the M33 SDK pretty thoroughly to code this. Having to build a custom environment with specific versions of libraries just to compile it
                        Last edited by Dark_Duke; 06-21-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Update to my last post... I actually was able to compile the Quake3 code directly from MDave's posted source. I have a working CYGWIN envirorment if anybody needs it, I've zipped up and archived for future use. Looks like Crow_bar was using the M33 SDK as well as a custom version of pspmath (which I couldn't find anywhere online, though I was able to hack together a custom library between an old version of the pspmath and the latest version I could find on github). I also had to go through Crow_Bars source and replace some kubridge related commands that pertain specifically to M33 firmware, like "kuKernelLoadModule" --> "sceKernelLoadModule" etc

Link to the compiled version: Quake3 PSP Eboot from Mdave/Crowbar SVN
                          Update 1: the compiled source doesn't seem to work right, I think MDaves right in that it has a memory leak. I can't get it to boot. The other version linked in my previous post in Update 1 does run and seems far more complete. Averages about 20fps. Damn impressive to see Quake 3 running on the psp!
                          Last edited by Dark_Duke; 06-21-2016, 03:12 AM.

Comment

I tried to run both version from your previous post and from yet previous one. Both doesent work on my psp. That one compiled by crowbar doesent load because of lack of default.cfg file. That one that you compiled, appears to have corrupted eboot and i cant load this. Do you know, how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
                              I tried to run both version from your previous post and from yet previous one. Both doesent work on my psp. That one compiled by crowbar doesent load because of lack of default.cfg file. That one that you compiled, appears to have corrupted eboot and i cant load this. Do you know, how to fix it?
                              Oh thats interesting, I was able to play the Crow_Bar official eboot. Do you Have Quake 3? You need to copy the baseq3 to the root of the Quake3 folder.

For the development version that MDave listed, as it turns out there are three more files I need to compile. I found them in the readme. "ui_psp.prx, qagame_psp.prx, and cgame_psp.prx". I'll compile them a bit later and upload them.

Comment

Working...
                              X