Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkplaces Mission packs 1 and 2 wont play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkplaces Mission packs 1 and 2 wont play.

hay i am in need of some help i have quake on steam and i installed darkplaces into the steam directory like the steam guide tells me. quake 1 starts and plays normally but when i launch any of the mission packs, the demo for each pack starts up as normal but when i go to new game and start a new game, it does not load and the console pops up and the game wont play. so what do i do?

copy and paste darkplaces.exe twice
    rename both copies to : rogue.exe hipnotic.exe
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

copy and paste darkplaces.exe twice
      rename both copies to : rogue.exe hipnotic.exe
      really? hunh... I neva knew.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

that works? to just simply rename darkplaces executable??

huh, thats one thing i never knew about either myself
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

oh yeah, just check this lines for darkplaces source

to add a mod o standalone just need to add some lines to common.h and common.c
          I think will be nice to add SMC to the official darkplaces source

What mods do you think will be great to add to use this feature?

If we can get a descent list we can ask autorizathion to lordhavoc and add the support for the mods to github

the names that you need are
          Code:
          {game basegame prog_name cmdline gamename gamenetworkfilername basegame modgame  screenshot userdir					   // commandline option

syluxman2803

Comment

I will be sure to try this. thank you nahuel

Comment

nope still did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by UNR3AL S0LDI3R View Post
                nope still did not work.
                really strange, the mods plays the demos aniway?

syluxman2803

Comment

yea they play their respected demos and when i go to start a new game it just does not start. gonna try a fresh install of darkplaces cus i have over 4gb of hd mods and other files that might be part of the problem.

Comment

Yeah, mods can fuck things up. Alternatively, if you don't care about Steam achievements and such, you can just install DP on its own and drop the id1, rogue and hipnotic .pak files in their respective subfolders inside your DP folder.
                    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Another idea is when you're put into the console, type this:

map start

Comment

Working...
                      X