Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Darkplaces (it wont save my cfg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Darkplaces (it wont save my cfg)

OK so i havent played quake team fortress in a loooong time. Last time i played we had a client called fuhquake. It was amazing. Retextured maps and awesome looking rockets/grens/etc.... So i finally found it and tried to install but my Mac is too new for the last version released. So i stumbled upon Darkplaces which is ok. they have the cool rockets and stuff but not map textures (team fortress maps). Im ok without the map textures if its not possible. BUT my main reason for this post is, i cannot get any of my video settings or other configs to save. I made sure my cfg wasnt read only. Its not. If anyone could help a brother out that would be awesome! Also i cannot use rcon_password with dark places. It just says "qw print command from server at (server ip) Bad rcon_password. Ive been using ez quake but the graphics are so bad. Its like playing regular original GL quake. Maybe because im on a mac i dunno. Ive tried the "eyecandy" setting on ezquake but it just says its missing cfgs. IF anyone can help me that would be awesome! Thanks!

Sounds as if your game folder is within a OS sensitive folder.
    Try to move it to another disk, partition or folder.

You can also try starting darkplaces with:
    darkplaces.exe -nohome

Comment

How would i run that command on a Mac? I understand how to do it on a PC but no clue on how its done on Mac OSX. Also if it was a sensitive folder wouldnt my EzQuake be doing the same thing? My EzQuake saves and remembers all changes or edits. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

open up mac notepad equivalent
        write what henry said
        save as summin.sh
        click it.

note, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I googled things. It said things. I assumed things.

good luck.
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 01-04-2017, 07:16 PM.
        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

lol thanks? but it didnt work..

Comment

did you put the .sh in the same folder as DP? If so, I have no extra non-help to give ya.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I'm no Mac expert (PC guy here!) but it doesn't mean I can't try to help. First off, which DP build are you trying to run and how did you install it? Secondly, no idea how Macs handle archives but when I unzip something with WinRAR, the uncompressed folder is set to read-only, including all files and subfolders within it, so you might have to clear the read-only attribute of the whole DP folder and not just your .cfg file.

Originally posted by klown View Post
              not map textures (team fortress maps).
              Do you mean HD textures? I haven't been part of this community for very long yet but I've never seen replacement textures shipped with an engine. Dunno about Team Fortress textures but if at least some are the same, Talisa has a DL link to CTF textures in her HD Replacement Content thread. At any rate, you could ask about the textures on that thread.
              ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
              ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Working...
              X