V_weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V_weapons

Hi there, I've recently gotten back into quake engine programming after a few years, as wel as the QC scripting language that goes along with it. While i've been able to find a lot of the old tutorials from back in the day, I was wondering if anyone had the old v_weap tutorial for the regular opengl client? I've tried hacking together various quakeworld v_wep codes and such but to no avail so wondered if anyone could possibly help me out with this one. I've started an engine from the base glquake code and so far im having a lot of fun, any help with this would be greatly aprreciated. Thankyou. Now that I think about it i beleive the original code/tutorial from back in the day may have just been pure QC code rather than engine code, so apologies if i've posted in the wrong forum.

What does the code/tutorial that you want do?

Comment

Basically, it would make the model hold the correct weapon model, and everyone else in the game could see it, rather than just the standard blaster model. So like if someone had picked up a lightning gun in deathmatch everyone else could see them carrying it etc... There was code around a long time ago, i used it myself and fixed it up somewhat but its been so many years now i cant find it and just dont know where to start. Hope that clarifies a little Thanks

Comment

seven's small mod compilation actually has V_weapons and is open-source:
        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

so you could take the v_weapon code from his mod
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

been looking through his code but im so out of touch with QC and am waiting for permission from him to make sure its okay for me to do it Thankyou for pointing me in the right direction though talisa <3

Comment

Working...
          X