Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mark v scaling error on 1366x768

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

So, this is kinda awkward but I'm gonna have to ask you to read the actual post in this document. I can't post the text contained here because that results in HTTP Error 500 every time I try to submit or preview it. I tried messing with it to find the culprit but failed utterly. Feel free to give posting this apparently magic text a try yourself!

Yeah I'm getting 500 errors whenever I try to post or edit also, strange.

having a 1366x768 monitor sucks for anything you'll try to do resolution-wise that's out of the native resolution scale ( being 1366x768 ), I should know I just got out of a 3 year 1366x768 resolution stint with a 37'' monitor which I've recently replaced with a nice 1920x1080 27'' monitor and I'm much happier.

Scaling just about anything at that funky resolution (1366x76 will result in a crap image, best to stick directly at the native resolution. :/
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Just solved it, feel pretty damn good about finally being able to enjoy quake without constant annoyance. I want to thank everyone who helped make Mark V, you made the best quake client I could have hoped for.

WinQuake Mark V 1336x768 compatible 3x scaled resolutions - Album on Imgur

The trick is to create a custom resolution that fits the aspect requirements of mark v exactly, and to then disable full screen stretching in your gpu settings by either enabling aspect scaling or completely disabling scaling. The two optimal resolutions for 1366x768 (or other 683:384 displays, if there are any) are 1344x768 and 960x768. The first is the largest resolution completely free of visual errors, simply adding two rather slim vertical black bars consisting of a mere 22 pixels in total. 960x768 has fatter black bars, but fits the width of the status bar exactly. In theory any other 7:4 or 5:4 resolutions should be error-free aswell, but these are my recommendations as they span the complete height of the display and therefore have no horizontal black bars.
      There are also a few more aspect rations between those mentioned that work properly. there is some sort of defined length by which the width of the gameplay screen decreases once you below a certain horizontal resolution, leaving you with leaks and showing background texture right and left until you decrease the width of your resolution far enough to fit the gameplay screen again.

Comment

Nice followup solution to your own problem, I wish people explained how they solved their problem other than "I figured this out already".

Cheers!
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I'll have to make a mental note to take a good look at the above next time I do an update.

I'm glad you are enjoying Mark V

(I'm rather immersed in real life for a while, but will likely be doing an update in the spring sometime).
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by boristhesp1der
            I want to thank everyone who helped make Mark V, you made the best quake client I could have hoped for.
            Agreed. Still my favorite engine.

Baker, what do you think about starting a mark V bug report thread? I've found a few things I wouldn't mind exploring/troubleshooting if you're interested. It's likely a combination of the engine and my machine, but it may help expose some less-than-obvious issues. Obviously this would be for later, when things settle down for you and you're not busy.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
              Agreed. Still my favorite engine.

Baker, what do you think about starting a mark V bug report thread? I've found a few things I wouldn't mind exploring/troubleshooting if you're interested. It's likely a combination of the engine and my machine, but it may help expose some less-than-obvious issues. Obviously this would be for later, when things settle down for you and you're not busy.
              For now, you might consider just posting the issue.

My head really isn't into engine development much right now, but when it gets backs there for another upset whatever you've got I'll try to address if I am able to.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
              X