This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24bit Skin Pak

When trying to download the Skin Pak I get a 404.
    The link shows http://www.quakeone.com/qrack/pakX.zip
    It should be http://www.quakeone.com/qrack/pakX.pak
    Peace! Fiddler
    -fiddler-

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the 5 mousebutton support!

Some more questions:

1. Is there an autodownload function I can enable? I was playing online but couldn't download maps I didn't have without crashing.

PEG was there too, and suggested I downloaded some mapdownload prog or use these settings:

cl_web_download "1"
      cl_web_download_url "http://asgaard.morphos-team.net/`jack"

But that just made me crash and I couldn't find the external program....

I mean, ztndm3 worked fine and I actually found it all a nice experience. But there must be a simple download function without crashing, right?

It's also annoying that, when I don't have the map, I can't chat with people who are already playing in the map. In quakeworld, this is possible.

2. Is there a way to turn off 'pain' and 'death' flashes when getting hit? The screen turns red. I'd also like to turn off the fuzzy look when being invisible, or underwater, etc.

3. Can I turn off auto-aim in quake with this client? When I play against Reaper Bots (installed them for oldschool fun), the rocketlauncher seems to aim higher then I'm actually aiming.
      Last edited by megalodon; 10-31-2008, 03:39 AM.

Comment

rook, i have a short list of problems i have with the latest Qrack.

i read the release notes in there it states fixed: gl_picmip was broken. I guess no one uses it anymore picmip still seems to be broken, i turned it on and now i cannot turn it off unless i delete my config.cfg. Also in the notes, qrack will default to desktop display properties. Not such a great idea, Qrack does not let me change resolution because the changes dont persist, i should be able to specify the resolution in config.cfg and at startup i get error now when i use commandline -width 800 i get Quake error "Specified video mode not available" i dont get this error in joequake. one last thing demo recording does not work when i specify the name. if i just type "record" it works but if i type "record demo1" it either does not record or i get corrupt demo on playback.

i hope this isnt too much and that you can fix it all up nice. your work is appreciated. thanks for adding r_drawviewmodelsize and 5 mouse button support and all the other features i use that im not mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by megalodon View Post
          2. Is there a way to turn off 'pain' and 'death' flashes when getting hit? The screen turns red. I'd also like to turn off the fuzzy look when being invisible, or underwater, etc.

3. Can I turn off auto-aim in quake with this client? When I play against Reaper Bots (installed them for oldschool fun), the rocketlauncher seems to aim higher then I'm actually aiming.
          2. experiment with these settings

1 = on 0 = off

v_contentblend "0"
          v_damagecshift "0" flash when you take damage , off
          v_dlightcshift "0"
          v_pentcshift "0"
          v_quadcshift "0"
          v_ringcshift "0"
          v_suitcshift "0"
          cl_bonusflash "0" flash when you pickup item , off

gl_polyblend "0"

3.sv_aim "1"

Comment

Originally posted by ungod View Post
            rook, i have a short list of problems i have with the latest Qrack.

i read the release notes in there it states fixed: gl_picmip was broken. I guess no one uses it anymore picmip still seems to be broken, i turned it on and now i cannot turn it off unless i delete my config.cfg. Also in the notes, qrack will default to desktop display properties. Not such a great idea, Qrack does not let me change resolution because the changes dont persist, i should be able to specify the resolution in config.cfg and at startup i get error now when i use commandline -width 800 i get Quake error "Specified video mode not available" i dont get this error in joequake. one last thing demo recording does not work when i specify the name. if i just type "record" it works but if i type "record demo1" it either does not record or i get corrupt demo on playback.

i hope this isnt too much and that you can fix it all up nice. your work is appreciated. thanks for adding r_drawviewmodelsize and 5 mouse button support and all the other features i use that im not mentioning.
            Make sure you dont have (or do have) video settings in autoexec.cfg. As this will load settings after config.cfg and change your resolution.

As for the demo, :/ works just fine over here. use the menu to load your demo as playdemo wont find the default "/qrack/demos" in the path
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              Make sure you dont have (or do have) video settings in autoexec.cfg. As this will load settings after config.cfg and change your resolution.
              does not seem to matter if i have video settings in autoexec or not. when i use commandline -width 800 or -width 640 or any res other than my windows resolution i get this error.

i dont get this error in joequake

Comment

the refreshrate also effects this error message. vid_refreshrate should be modified or lowered.

I'd suggest using the options/video options menu in-game as it defaults to proper refreshrates available.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                  the refreshrate also effects this error message. vid_refreshrate should be modified or lowered.
                  i tried that too but still get the error
                  Originally posted by R00k
                  I'd suggest using the options/video options menu in-game as it defaults to proper refreshrates available.
                  arg... thats what i was hoping to avoid, o well thanks for your help.

Comment

Every time i start it up i have to turn off the color lights and adjust the gamma even if i put it in command line. and every alt tab i have to adjust the gamma. and it still looks dark on .5 ??
                    War is hell.

Patton

Comment

i think cfg_savevars "1" fixes that i had the same problem

dont turn on picmip tho cause you cant turn it off unless you delete you config and start over

Comment

Once you set the picmip it will not reset the mipmap of that texture until u reload the engine, as with normal glQuake, though this has be fixed in the next version of Qrack by reloading the textures...

Ungod, modifying your settings in the menu is easiest and it will save to your config. So you only have to do this once!

could you supply your cmdline or the video portion of the config.cfg (the setting at the VERY bottom!!!) and/or info about your gfx card/monitor?

You are basically trying to set a screen resolution width x height x refreshrate that isnt supported by either your card or monitor.
                        Using the menu will help keep these values within range as it gets the information from the hardware. Just pluggin random values in your cfg will cause problems.
                        Last edited by R00k; 05-25-2009, 04:00 PM.

Comment

i did use the menus for picmip and set it to 1. then i closed quake and started it later and set picmip to 0. from that point i still was not been able to set picmip back to 0. yes i closed quake several times since making the changes using the ingame menu. even the value in the console shows picmip is 0 yet it is still on after several restarts. the only thing that worked was deleting config.cfg so qrack writes a new one. then and only then picmip is off.

i will gather the other info you asked in a minute.

Comment

info: latest ATi drivers, catalyst 9.4
                            my card ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP (512 MB)
                            my monitor Samsung SyncMaster 700DF [17" CRT]

my commandline glQrack.exe -dinput -width 800 -zone 1024 -bpp 32
                            config file i think is irrelevant , i still get the error when qrack writes a new one
                            but here it goes anyways

// DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE!
                            vid_bpp 32
                            vid_restart
                            vid_conwidth "512"
                            vid_conheight "384"

also tried to change it to

vid_bpp 32
                            vid_restart
                            vid_conwidth "800"
                            vid_conheight "600"

and even added

vid_height "600"
                            vid_width "800"
                            vid_refreshrate "75"

does not matter what i do i get that error

and again i dont see how its my hardware as i said joequake works fine at 800x600 from commandline
                            joequake-gl.exe -width 800 -con 320 -zone 1024 -bpp 32

Comment

add -height 600 after -width 800 as both are required if u specify on the cmdline.

Make sure cfg_savevars is not set to 2, and gl_picmip shouldnt be saved to the cfg.
                              Last edited by R00k; 05-25-2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

rook i appreciate it but seriously man tried that too

i still get quake error adding -height 600

i have cfg_savevars "1" and gl_picmip is not in config.cfg
                                but in game console shows gl_picmip 0 but the mip maps are still picmiped

i hope that makes sense

Comment

Working...
                                X