Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fteqw64.exe r_stereo_method 2 is broken and fteqw.exe r_stereo_method 2 doesn't work properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fteqw64.exe r_stereo_method 2 is broken and fteqw.exe r_stereo_method 2 doesn't work properly

I recently played Quake with fteqw64.exe and whenever I set r_stereo_method to 2, the rendering becomes so weird that I can't play the game anymore until I set r_stereo_method back to 0. Well the rendering is so weird while r_clear is equal to 0 anyway, but while both r_stereo_method is equal to 2 and r_clear is equal to 1 and r_clearcolor is equal to 0 then the rendering is only little better, but still this is both definitely and obviously not enough to make the game playable at all.

In fteqw.exe, r_stereo_method 2 works much better than in fteqw64.exe and there is no need to change or modify both r_clear and r_clearcolor at all, but still it is not working right.

I do see that the red glass removes the red frame and only the cyan frame is visible, but in the cyan glass, I still see both the left and right frames (the cyan frame is not eliminated as supposed to).

When I both change and modify both r_stereo_separation and r_stereo_convergence, the opposite is true, i.e. the cyan glass removes the cyan frame and only the red frame is visible, but in the red glass I see both the left and right frames again (the red frame is not eliminated as supposed to).

Because of this I don't see the 3D effect while wearing my red cyan glasses.

Also while r_stereo_method is equal to 2, the screen frequently both flickers and flashes and this is very annoying (this is not happening at all while r_stereo_method is equal to 0).

Why r_stereo_method 2 doesn't simply work properly in both fteqw.exe and fteqw64.exe and that's all like how NVIDIA 3D Vision work on all Direct3D applications?

I have red cyan glasses and I am very excited to start playing Quake in real true 3D graphics.

I can't use neither IZ3D nor TriDef nor NVIDIA 3D Vision, because they all support Direct3D only and not OpenGL at all, but all modern Quake clients and engines are only OpenGL applications and not Direct3D at all including both fteqw.exe and fteqw64.exe.

I already know that there is Direct3D 9 support in both fteqw.exe and fteqw64.exe, but Direct3D 9 in both fteqw.exe and fteqw64.exe is limited and there is no real time lighting with Direct3D 9, but only in OpenGL and I like real time lighting very much and I want to have it always. By the way that I also want that the r_shadow_realtime_world_importlightentitiesfrommap switch to appear in the lighting menu options, so the client don't have to modify this very valuable cvar only through the console.

Also while using Direct3D 9, some entities become completely black and the game is not fun to play anymore while you see black entities. This is not happening at all in OpenGL.

There is also Direct3D 11 (Hardware) support, but it is experimental and when I try to use it then the game crashes immediately.

There is also Direct3D 11 (Software), but like Vulkan, that is also experimental, the game runs both too blurry and too slow and thus it is unplayable.

I also read that OpenGL is most supported in both fteqw.exe and fteqw64.exe, so I should always use OpenGL renderer and never change this.

Putting the opengl32.dll of gldirect from sourceforge.net in the folder where both fteqw.exe and fteqw64.exe does not change anything at all. Seems like that both fteqw.exe and fteqw64.exe simply ignore the opengl32.dll of gldirect from sourceforge.net like it is not there at all. TitaniumGL and QindieGL don't work too.

Please simply make r_stereo_method 2 to function properly and then add it to the options menu in both fteqw.exe and fteqw64.exe, so I can start playing Quake in real true 3D without using the console at all!
Working...
X