Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to ProQuake

Hello,

To start, I've tried several things through the GUI, and even attempted to manipulate the cfg file, but I'm not accomplishing a few things.

One, I want to set the rez to 1600x1200. I've tried the -width command in the ~ menu, but it says it's not valid. Through the GUI I can set it to 1280x960, but that's not what I'm looking for. Also, are there settings for advanced graphical options like translucent water and enhanced shadows and such?

One last thing. Is there a way to turn on AA and ASF? I know how to do it through the NVidia control panel, but I don't know what exe to direct the menu to.

Any help?

Try downloading proquake 3.99 (check the front page), you can change video modes through the menu. With proquake 3.50 you can only change video modes on startup, and 3.5 doesn't support 1600x1200. I also don't belive that any version of proquake supports application controlled AA and AF.

Transparent water can be turned on by setting r_novis 1 and r_wateralpha 0.3 (or anything between 0 and 1).

Comment

Originally posted by Hironobu128 View Post
      One, I want to set the rez to 1600x1200. I've tried the -width command in the ~ menu, but it says it's not valid. Through the GUI I can set it to 1280x960, but that's not what I'm looking for. Also, are there settings for advanced graphical options like translucent water and enhanced shadows and such?

One last thing. Is there a way to turn on AA and ASF? I know how to do it through the NVidia control panel, but I don't know what exe to direct the menu to.

Any help?
      Here is version 3.99m (download).

You can set 1600x1200 resolution in video options in the main menu.

It doesn't have a way to turn on/off anti-aliasing in the client.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

/Btw, if you only plan on playing single player, you might consider FitzQuake. It has in-game video mode changing and the ability to turn anti-aliasing on/off in the client. So can DarkPlaces. FitzQuake is at http://www.celephais.net/board and DarkPlaces is at http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Okay, I downloaded the 3.99 and put the files in my Quake directory. It loads the game fine, but I guess I don't know how to get the ProLaunch to recognize it so I can manipulate the settings.

Any help?

Comment

ProQuake 3.99 does everything the ProQuake Launcher did, but it is built into the engine.

It can switch video mode in the menu, adjust brightness in the menu, change FOV/mouselook/crosshair in the menu, play demos by clicking on them, turn the CD player off in the menu, etc.

To turn on transparent water, type r_novis 1 and r_wateralpha 0.3 and it will save for the next time you start up ProQuake.

There is a Quake Name Maker in Options -> Multiplayer -> Setup

You can set video mode by doing Options -> Video Mode

ProQuake 3.99m was to evolve the ProQuake client so it has every feature of the ProQuake Launcher natively. So you don't really need the ProQuake Launcher for anything.

[If you want to use the ProQuake Launcher anyway, rename glpro399.exe to glpro.exe and you can use the ProQuake Launcher to start 3.99m. But you will NOT be able to set 1600x1200 resolution because that isn't a mode in the ProQuake Launcher.]

If you still have questions, keep asking
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Word

No, you took care of all my needs. Thanks a bunch. Honestly, as old as this game is (I'm "old" according to my kid, so I'm in with a lot of the "old" games) I was expecting to run into a bunch of really hardcore FPS "pwnzor n00b" types that would dog me out just for asking a question.

So I thank you, and what seems like a nice community, for being helpful. Hopefully, I won't have troubles getting online and can frag, or more likely be fragged by, some of you fellas.

Word!

Comment

Glad you got it working

Comment

Oops, I lied

Okay, everything is working great, as stated, but . . .

I would really like to have the cd audio. NIN did some great stuff. I downloaded a .nrg file that has everything on it, but Magic ISO doesn't recoginize it to burn it. I can mount it fine with Daemon, but I think it needs to be mounted to the earliest letter (for me my DVD drive is D, so I guess it needs to be in D).

Any suggestions?

Comment

Not so easily solved. There is no good answer that I know of.

If you are desperate, you can try this ... it's semi-illegalish and moderately complicated.

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  Well, this is a gray area but the soundtrack can be download in MP3 format at:

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/3488

Why is this a gray area? Well, if you buy the game from the id Store or via Steam, you don't get the soundtrack and on the Steam site they have a link to the download location of the soundtrack sooooo ....

---------

The next thing you need to do is convert the MP3 to OGG:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

---------------

Then toss those into

../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track02.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track03.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track04.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track05.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track06.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track07.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track08.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track09.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track10.ogg
                  .../quake/id1/sound/cdtracks/track11.ogg

And then you need to use DarkPlaces

Comment

I Like ProQuake

So, is this guy saying I can only use DarkPlaces?
                    Or can I just do all the stuff he said, and still use ProQuake?

Comment

Have to use DarkPlaces.

It's the only Quake engine with .ogg support

Comment

Ogg no Go

Yea, did everything that dude said, and got DarkPlaces, but the tracks don't play.

Comment

You'd probably need to burn a CD then. There aren't any other alternatives that I know of.

Comment

The thing is, to get the soundtrack you normally have to have the CD. The soundtrack is simply played from the CD then.

If you have the soundtrack in mp3 format, or ogg, you can do the following:

1) Convert the mp3 or ogg files to .wav format

2) Use the .wav files to burn a CD, which you then put into your drive while playing (you can theoretically use any CD here.)

You need to burn a mixed mode CD, where Track 1 is a data track (use any file here, like a text file or whatever) and tracks 2 and up are audio (wav) tracks. Any good CD burning program can do that.

Once you have a CD, you can use any Quake engine (exe) and it will play it. You can also use any other CD and that will get played instead.

Not all Quake engines have mp3 or ogg support built in - but all Quake engines can play CDs.
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Still no CD Audio

Well, what it comes down to with the music is that in DarkPlaces the cd audio line in the options is completely greyed out. I can't adjust the volume or anything.

So what do I need to do in game to enable the cd audio?

Any other tips?

Comment

Working...
                              X