Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now That I'm using DarkPlaces . . .

Hey All,

I'm a noob to this site, not to the world of Quake, and so far everyone has been great.

Thanks!

Now the question:
    I've had good success with DarkPlaces so far. I like the graphic enhancements with it, all the customization allowed, the speed, etc. My only problem is there happens to be a random stutter when I play. It doesn't register as a FPS loss, and it's rather slight, but I'm picky and I definitely notice it. It happens about every 20 seconds or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I have a pretty modern PC:

WD Raptor SATA 175gb
    AMD|A64 X2 6400+ 3.2G
    EVGA 8800GT 512M - monitor and OC with RivaTuner
    ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
    1GX2|PATRIOT 3-5-3-8
    Vista Home Premium 32bit

Has anyone come across this before?
    Know of a possible solution?

Try that:

Update gfx driver

Start the nvidia controll panel
    go to manage 3d settings
    add darkplaces.exe and set error report to off
    or try out different settings

Comment

I've been getting this too for a while now but since I almost never use DP I didn't really care. I also have Vista and an 8800 card. (someone get havoc over here )

Comment

Better

Hey, thanks. I should have done that anyway, but I wasn't sure if darkplaces.exe was the file to modify or not.

Error correcting was off, but I think it was the OpenGL options that I turned on that made the difference. I even got AA maxed out now, so even smoother.

Thanks again.

Comment

I'm glad rudl knew what to do.

Rudl owns
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
          X