DarkPlaces Engine Dev?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkPlaces Engine Dev?

Hi. Are there any forums dedicated to engine development, DarkPlaces specifically? I'm working on learning the DP code to try out some ideas I have.

Right now I'm stuck on filtering model names of entities to find out exactly who is a player, and whether that player is on my team- where can I find what model name characterizes a player, and how would I filter for this in C?

Thanks for any tips!

sarah (:

There was quakesrc.org, it had tons of Quake 1 engine coders many of whom were into DarkPlaces primarily.

It went down 3 months ago

Inside3D.com and QuakeDev.com are the closest active forums that were similar to quakesrc.org and you will probably have some success at either of those.

DarkPlaces has an IRC channel irc://irc.anynet.org/darkplaces where a few experts are around at any given time.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
    X