QuakeWorld Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuakeWorld Anyone?

In the past I can honestly say I hated the QW feel, and for along time, tried to get into QW, but never really could. But now I have ezQuake 1.83(stable) and using cl_independentphysics 1 and cl_newlerp 0.9 it really feels pretty smooth.
    Theres a build in browser in ezquake im sure u can test for yourself...

I should try darkplaces again...
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Played QW from start, always liked it too
    I still play QW as mutch like Netquake.
    People in Nq are just more friendly

From work
    Last edited by Polarite; 04-30-2008, 04:53 AM.
    My servers for the gamers:
    bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
    port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
    Offline ATM
    fvf.servequake.com
    flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
    Offline ATM
    newdm.servequake.com
    port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
    sigpic

Comment

Oh god, Pol played QW too.. be affraid, be very affraid... :d
      He'll be thrashing everyone on blastbilliards next
      (jk)
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I am currently using DarkPlaces. Is it a dual client, can it play both NQ and QW? Is it NQ with QW code into it? Please clarify.

Comment

Yes you can!

Just go to multiplayer menu and join, and search for quakeworld servers...

Hmm wonder if there are any runequake servers?
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Slot runs a QW port, I connected to it one time with EZQuake, and I was wondering why there is nobody there, lol, having expected to be at the 26000 port.

It turned out that I got there by connecting to the regular Shmack addy and if you are using QW you are getting forwarded to that QW exclusive port.

I went to an European server, and despite the 150 ping, I was navigating comfortably, with NQ a 150 ping is crippling.

This is funny as I have been using NQ since forever. I am not picking sides, I have not one iota of a clue about the engine physics differences between them, lol.

This is great news with DP, as I can play everywhere and the ping will be taken care of itself as to what version of play will be in use - NQ, QW.

Comment

I came from Bigfoot, DP plays nice there, I am deff. sticking to DP, now I need to set my cfg, and I am set.

Thanks LordHavoc!
              Last edited by Paradise; 05-01-2008, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X