Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProQuake and waterblend

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a client to exactly reproduce the original GLQuake on my computer. GLQuake and Enhanced GLQuake does not run fullscreen on my Vista laptop with Intel video card, so I tried ProQuake 3.99.
    I'm very excited with it, but I cannot turn water blend on. gl_polyblend is 1, pq_waterblend is 1, but still no blend. Quad damage, on the other hand, has blend. This happens with GLPro and D3DPro, but works fine with WQPro.
    Can anybody help me?

Thank you,
    Ignazio

Hmmm ..

Well after some investigation ....

You will need to use the -gamma command line parameter in order for pq_waterblend 1 to work.

The waterblend doesn't appear to work when shift-on-the-fly brightness adjustment is on (which is any time -gamma isn't in the command line).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      You will need to use the -gamma command line parameter in order for pq_waterblend 1 to work.
      You better do that anyways as it runs much faster.. for some reason hardware controlled gamma gives you a massive fps drop when you have quad or pent.. not with -gamma in command line tho

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
        X