GLPro Status Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLPro Status Bar

I recently rejoined my Quake friends and have been working on getting GLPro to operate properly. GLQuake was having issues with the batch file I wrote to increase my screen resolution. I was directed to GLPro which doesn't have an issue except for one thing.
    glpro -width 1152 -height 864 -bpp 32
    That is what I have in the batch file, GLPro launches with it and I get proper resolution but I seem to be having this issue with my status bar which give info on health ammo etc. It constatly blinks, it's there for a split second then is replaced with black. However when I bring down my console or go to my main menu it remains there, but once I exit console or the menu it returns to its blinking. Any ideas?

This is just a guess ...

Have you tried clicking START and then RUN and then typing in ...

The reason I mention this as a possibility is sometimes Windows tries to switch focus in batch files.

If you try this and this does solve the problem, consider making a shortcut on the desktop or something, like ... right click on the desktop, click New, click Shortcut and type in "c:\quake\glpro.exe" -width 1152 -height 864 -bpp 32

If making shortcuts intimidates you or you aren't that familiar with those, you could go here ...

http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in...ry_view&iden=3

... and start the ProQuake 3.50 installer and it will automatically build shortcuts in Program Files/Quake

Let us know if these helped.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I've heard a lot of people complaining about this lately, specifically people with newer video cards. Everyone that I know who had it just switched to Qrack. If you want that "old skool" look and feel, turn off all the graphics upgrades and don't install the pak files in qrack/ and Qrack will look exactly like proquake. Only thing you won't be able to do is play on cheatfree servers. You could probably use win proquake though :/

I imagine there is a solution to this, but don't know what it is. Maybe Baker's suggestion will help, but I think I has more to do with the video card/drivers.
      uakene.com

Comment

hmm

I tried your shortcut advice, same thing man. I think I will try GLJoequake!

Edit: PERFECT! GLJoeQuake works 100 % The graphics are even better than GLPro. Now I just need to get good at Quake again! :p I have been playing lots and lots of MOHAA, but I am still a true Quaker at heart! Thanks! See y'all on the servers!
        Last edited by Dyne; 04-07-2006, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Dyne, if you are using JoeQuake 0.14 like I suspect (from the library here), you need to try this with it:

Yellow No. 5's Texture Pack for JoeQuake 0.14

You can easily uninstall the texture pack if for some reason you don't like it.

And there is something better about how JoeQuake does the video than GL ProQuake, I can't switch windows with GL Pro without the display messing up. QRack, btw, is a JoeQuake derivative.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Maybe this helps : glpro -width 1152 -height 864 -bpp 32 -conwidth 1152 -conheight 864
            My servers for the gamers:
            bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
            port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
            Offline ATM
            fvf.servequake.com
            flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
            Offline ATM
            newdm.servequake.com
            port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
            sigpic

Comment

Try playing with 'gl_ztrick' and maybe 'gl_clear' to fix that flickering statusbar.

Comment

set 'gl_clear 0' and 'gl_ztrick 1'

Quake defaulted to not drawing the hud every frame and with gl_clear set it gets cleared ever frame but not redrawn.

Comment

Working...
                X